Doing "Armageddon Math" during assemblies

by Alfred 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Alfred
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!!

Genius!!!

Because, to think about something that isn't really going to happen, means that your mind is actually BLANK!!!

• Alfred
    Alfred

wow... can't believe the entire post got wiped out...

oh well... it was just a boring story about how my mind used to wander off during assemblies as I did Armageddon math (1914+70=1984 or 1914+80=1994 or 360X7+70 or 365X7+70 or +80 or adding 30 days every 6 years to the 360 day jewish calendar year, etc, etc.)

boring post, really...

I was just wondering if anyone had similar experiences...

• ziddina
    ziddina

cricket.... cricket....

If I recall correctly, I spent part of my time listening, and the rest looking around to see what everyone else was doing...

Of course, I was being dragged to those gawd-awful eight-day assemblies in the 1950's and 1960's....

I was trying to put on enough of a "show" of paying attention, so that my parents wouldn't smack me around.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've been tinkering with a novel about an apocolypic religion. What I've realized is that armed with a calculator, a history time line, and a Bible I can come up with a "Scriptural proof" that {insert date here} is a significant year in Biblical prophecy.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

LOL...there were 88 proofs that Jesus returned in 1874.

The joke is that whether he came back in 1874 or 1914 or 1994....it has made absolutely no difference to the world or to the church.

The truth is that the second advent never happened and that's why things are going on as they always have been...people marrying and being given in marriage, people still working in fields and at mills etc.

All this calculating, in or out of the assemblies, was and always will be a waste of time.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I always used to do armageddon maths in assemblies.

1914 + 77 years = 1991 (Cos God like the number 7)

1914 + 80 years = 1994 (...because of SPECIAL MIGHTYNESS!!!)

Umm, they didnt work, so OK:

6000 years of Human existence in 1975; Jesus is the greater Adam SOOO maybe Adam was alive for 33.5 years before he sinned (died as to perfection) thus 1975 +33.5 = 2008.

Nope. Gave up after that!

• agonus
    agonus

Sapphy,

You forgot to overlap the 80.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I remember as a kid worrying if Return of the Jedi would be released before Armageddon . . .

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I was hoping that the end would at least wait till I got married. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit