Jesus Vs Horus

by Christ Alone 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

I know who Justin Martyr is, Cofty. I don't know much about him. 150 AD is late enough for after Christ to have made mistakes. Not saying that he did. Just saying that he could have, and that I don't know enough to make a judgment call one way or the other.

If Justin Martyr didn't know what was true and what wasn't nobody did.

There is no reason for this to be true. It could totally depend upon the sources he learned from and where they learned from. But I will refrain from further comment until after I have at least read the entire apology.

I am going to work, and will be back later.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Here you go..

See chapters 21 and 22 in particular.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

im not an atheist, but i no longer consider myself christian. i will say however that the people(atheists?) who made zeitgeist, go off about the literal genesis, or completly abuse the text of Justin Maryr (sorry cofty, in full context that is not what he is saying) they do themselves a diservice. instead of focusing on the real things that make the bible impossible to reconsile (the genosides ordered by the OT god including the killing of babies, etc) this other BS is just a distraction. when I did the research on the parallels in zeitgiest to Jesus, and found out that the sources they based their movie on completly abused the translation watchtower style of the sources of the stories, as well as used people who have been discredited by all serious scholars, it made me more firm in my belief. it wasent until later that i started to research the genosides in the OT, and other issues that made the bible impossible to be the "perfect inspired word of god" for me. maybe i am a bit PO'd that BS like zeitgiest and people like dan barker made my wake up call take much longer than it needed to. LOL

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

What Christian demoninations support connecting the Bible to Numerology? I really don't know, but there can't be many.

There's the OBVES one...

I had a thread going about the Pagan Christ documentary a while back...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/190860/1/The-Pagan-Christ

• cofty
    cofty

Here is an example of the sort of myth I am talking about.

Dionysus was the son of Zeus and a mortal called Semele. He was the Greek god of wine and was know by the Romans as Bacchus.

The following two paragraphs are from a work by Pausanias who described a miracle performed by the priests of Dionysus. Does it ring any bells?

[6.26.1] XXVI. Between the market-place and the Menius is an old theater and a shrine of Dionysus. The image is the work of Praxiteles. Of the gods the Eleans worship Dionysus with the greatest reverence, and they assert that the god attends their festival, the Thyia. The place where they hold the festival they name the Thyia is about eight stades from the city. Three pots are brought into the building by the priests and set down empty in the presence of the citizens and of any strangers who may chance to be in the country. The doors of the building are sealed by the priests themselves and by any others who may be so inclined.

[6.26.2] On the morrow they are allowed to examine the seals, and on going into the building they find the pots filled with wine. I did not myself arrive at the time of the festival, but the most respected Elean citizens, and with them strangers also, swore that what I have said is the truth. The Andrians too assert that every other year at their feast of Dionysus wine flows of its own accord from the sanctuary. If the Greeks are to be believed in these matters, one might with equal reason accept what the Ethiopians above Syene say about the table of the sun.

This Dionysian wine ritual turns up early in John's gospel in the rather odd sounding events at the wedding feast at Cana. In this way John establishes Jesus divinity in the minds of his readers from the beginning of his ministry.

Of course you will be wanting to tell me that the stories are completely different becasue Dionysus made wine appear in three empty post but Jeus turned three pots of water into wine. Please remember what I said about the "West Side Story" and "Romeo and Juliet" parallels.

• cofty
    cofty

completly abuse the text of Justin Maryr (sorry cofty, in full context that is not what he is saying) - yourmomma

Nobody is defending that stupid film.

In what way have I misrepresented the meaning of Justin Martyrs words?

I gave the context and posted a link to the complete English translation of his work in question.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Good video.

The "mythical" and "mystical" truths in the Bible are things Christians can never deal with directly. Case in point, the two angels (cherubs) on the top of the ark of the covenant are two specific angels who are considered "companions" on Mount Zion, that is, married to each other. Those original angels are Michael the archangel represented by the cherub on the curtains and the feminine angel represented by the palm tree, which is the angel who became Satan. So to start with, when Genesis 3;15 speaks of the "woman and her seed" it is in the context that Christ was married to Satan on Mount Zion. The "woman and her seed" is Satan and his/her followers. These are pitted against Christ/Michael and his angels.

Christian doctrine and apologists are no where near arriving at these concepts and yet this is what the Bible teaches. Some of the mystical realities of the Bible, though, since all came through Noah, end up in pagan mythologies that reference the actual events or circumstances in Eden and in heaven, particularly the relationships between Christ, Jehovah and Satan.

So it is a wash for 99% of the academic religious world. Case in point, Jesus indeed is symbolized in the Bible in connection with the SUN, and Jesus' wife, whether Satan or the church, with the moon. There is a connection between the zodiac of 12 houses and the 12 houses of Israel. But this is cosmologically natural. Just because it becomes more pronounced in pagan mythology doesn't automatically mean it has no Biblical counterpart. But who out there is willing to deal with Satan being Jesus' ex-wife?

So there is little reality out there. Just talk and nonsense with very few getting really down to the bottom of alot of this.

LS

LS

• cofty
    cofty

Just to be clear - I am not saying that I doubt Jesus' existance as a historical character. I think the awkward contradictions in the synoptic gospels demonstrate he was not invented out of whole cloth.

I am saying that the gospel writers were not writing a biography about Jesus in a modern sense. They were writing thoelogical tracts to illicit belief in their readers. In doing so they used stories and adopted existing pagan myths to teach the superiority of their own hero Jesus.

• mP
    mP

Firsty I would like to suggest that most people take a look at this free PDF provided by one of the sources to the Zeitgiest story. It contains a lot of proofs about the Horus v jesus connection. Perhaps after a quick look we can come back and continue more informed.

http://stellarhousepublishing.com/zeitgeist.html

You can only get The Officially Endorsed Companion Guide to ZEITGEIST, Part 1 from this website.

• mP
    mP

@poosiecakes

Numerology is present everywhere in the Bible.

Just look how often the numbers 7,12 and 40 appear. The Bible is obsessed with numbers. How many major items in christian religion involve a number.

All importanting group counts or representations are always 12.

Look at the contrived nonsense that the Bible presents to keep the tribes of Israel at 12. There are countless scriptures that give different names for the tribes but they always agree on 12.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/tribes.html

What were the twelve (or thirteen) tribes of Israel?

Genesis 49 Numbers 1 Numbers 13 Deuteronomy 33 Ezekiel 48 Revelation 7 1 Reuben Reuben Reuben Reuben Reuben Reuben 2 Simeon Simeon Simeon - Simeon Simeon 3 Levi - - Levi Levi Levi 4 Judah Judah Judah Judah Judah Judah 5 Zebulun Zebulun Zebulun Zebulun Zebulun Zebulon 6 Issachar Issachar Issachar Issachar Issachar Issachar 7 Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan - 8 Gad Gad Gad Gad Gad Gad 9 Asher Asher Asher Asher Asher Aser 10 Nephtali Nephtali Nephtali Nephtali - Nephthalim 11 Joseph (children of) Joseph Joseph Joseph Joseph Joseph 12 Benjamin Benjamin Benjamin Benjamin Benjamin Benjamin 13 - Manasseh Manasseh Manasseh Manasseh Manasses 

Long periods of time are always 40.

• Noah 40 days/nights in the ark
    • Bad generation of Moses 40 years in the wilderness
    • Jesus 40 days in the desert when tempted
    • King David king for 40 years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit