Want honest answers

by independenthinker 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

I've just finished reading "crisis of conscience" by ray franz..

I can't tell you how liberating it feels- all those years of me being brought up in the truth, sorry the lie has desipated into nothing.

The constant feeling of being made to feel inadequate all the time and the predudice that came with it.

You must read the book of you can get your hands on it...

Agape xx

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

thanks for the advice everyone!

only one of my brothers got baptized, and he just faded. . my parents dont care, they still love him!

and its true about the friends thing . . my best friend is an athiest, but *shock* told me to be objective about everything discrediting the religion!

my perceived reality and the truth are getting closer to each other. ive been a lurker for a few weeks, ive been substituting organisation instead of jehovah and been looking objectivly at their "sources" every sunday, cant believe i was so asleep.

• independenthinker
    independenthinker

is there any way to get it on pdf? definitely couldn't buy it. is it in librarys?

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Welcome independantthinker!

I'm a bit older, but am a born-in and can tell you in all honesty that the WTBT$ covers up child abuse and molestation.

There was a man in my cong. that molested girl after girl and, because his daddy was the PO, it got swept under the rug for over twenty years; the entire elderbody, CO, DO and headquarters knew about it too yet nothing was ever done. Luckily he finally slipped up where it couldn't be hidden and has been thrown in jail, but unfortunately he was only disfellowshipped because the local media caught wind of the story and the elders did "damage control". This is an account I have first hand knowledge of, but I know there were others over the years.

If you want more proof visit www.silentlambs.org It was founded by exJW's and is focused on the scandalous dealings of Jehovah's Witnesses and child abuse (mainly pedophilia).

I hope your journey is a safe and peaceful one, however prepare for rough road ahead.

Regards, DLL

• Black Sheep
  • biometrics
    biometrics

The ironic thing about "Independent Thinking" is that Charles Taze Russell was an "Independent Thinker". How else would he have come up with all those crazy theories, and false prophecy?

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

If you are referring to a Crisis of Conscience pdf http://www.commentarypress.com/Publication/English.html

I am sure there are some out there for free. Ray's widow is still alive, I personally would like to see her get paid, what little it is.

Side note: I find it hysterical the active JWs who claim Ray only wrote the book to get rich. HAHA, seriously? Like random folks on the street are really interested in this stuff haha.

Another website I recommend, it was very helpful for me in those early days as well, www.freeminds.org

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

independenthinker Its a real shock to learn all of the corruption of this man made organization. Trust me for folks like you and me and many more

the information revealing what there is to know about the Watchtower Publishing Corporation is startling to say the least.

Understanding how and why this organization evolved is the path to the truth. The short answer to why would be for the sake of power and money.

If you truly believe in Jehovah then you know that he would never choose an organization that is really a commercialized false prophet, under any

circumstances. !!!! Take it slow and pace yourself. Take care TTO

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to to the forum, independenthinker.

I wish I had woken up at your age.

Palmtree is right.

They need 607 ---- to support 1914 inspection ---- to support 1919 selection ---- to be Jehovah's sole channel. Any break in that chain and the leadership of the Watchtower cannot be what they claim.

The doctrine that the WT is God's channel is the trap that holds JWs captive. As long as they believe that there is a slight possibilty that that doctrine might be true, they can never be completely free from the bOrg (as it has been nicknamed), so if you want your freedom, study that chain to its death. You must fully understand that it is flawed.

The first thing most of us do when we find out that the WT is a scam is unload our findings our family It doesn't work. Every warning that the WT ever gave you on how to ID those nasty evil APOSTATES, was being listened to by your JW friends and family, so if you want to help them get out, you have to keep your mouth shut about all of your doubts until you have done your homework and know how to talk to them without scaring the sh!t out of them.

Never take it for granted that your friend or family is different, or reasonable. The odds of them behaving like reasonable human beings when you trash any part of their religion is very small. You need to do what it takes to have them come to you and whisper into your ear that they think they are in a cult.

Welcome to the rest of your life

Chris

• Bella15
    Bella15

"Ive spent the last 2 weeks up till 6 in the morning poring over sites, and now my mind is in shatters. i was born in the truth, so forgive me for my doubts as ive been told that any thinking against the wt is apostacy. im really,really scared. what im asking is, concerning everything, like blood, 1975,beth sarim, generational teachings, the UN, the sex abuse, 1874, 1914. . . .is this all true?"

YES!

I feel so much for you my dear child (I can be your mother b/c of my age you know) ... in the sense that I can relate what you are going through, at least I was already an adult when I realized all the Watchtower CORPORATION deception and I made independent decisions as an adult. I am glad you are dating, what you're doing it is just normal for someone your age (feel very happy for you).

Like you, I spent not weeks but months reading everything ... it was like something was driving me to read as much as I could not only things that unmask the Watchtower CORPORATION but other books/writings about Christianity, God, ancient Israel history, early Christians, etc, etc.

In my case I had already realized that the Watchtower was a commercial CORPORATION making money like any othe CORPORATION after visiting their headquarters in NYC ... but since I was an "atheist" (back then) already it didn't bother me at all, I went there just to take my mother ... she was like Alice in Wonderland ... I was more like looking for a place to throw up ... really I got physically sick when I saw their projection charts going years in the future and here they are telling everybody that the end is around the corner ... I saw a lot of other "business" stuff like Clio awards and the cold attitude of everybody working there really was the cherry on top ... it wasn't until my young JW niece ran away from her JW home to come to live with me and told me that she had been sexually abused by a female pionner for years and 2 circuit overseers that used to stay in her house that I started discovering a LOT MORE about the Watchtower CORP ... since I was raised in that cult from the time I was 3 years old I thougth that sexual abuse was only among Catholics ... little I knew that per capita the problem is worst among JWs ... from there it was like opening a pandora's box ...

You are so young and it will be good if you go to college, this will help you a lot. I will pray for you, and as a Christian now, I can tell you that the fact that the Watchtower CORPORATION is not "the truth" as they have dared to call themselves, it doesn't mean that there is not truth when it comes to God and Jesus. I hope that once the blindfold is fully taken from your eyes, you will still want a relationship with God, a personal relationship with Jesus. Free yourself from the Watchtower CORPORATION but not from the Creator. Get a different bible to read, always pray, accept God's gift of salvation which is based on grace not works ... read about how to worship God in Spirit not with the flesh, the flesh will never be able to please God, read about who Jesus really is, ask God to show you the Son, be free, be only accountable to God, give your heart and mind to him NOT the Elders or a CORPORATION.

I think now more than ever you will need the support of a Higher Power, I was scared to death when I realized the lies of the WTC, I thought I was dealing with the devil himself but in the middle of everything I saw the truth, or it was revealed to me, which is not a set of beliefs or doctrines, the TRUTH is a person - JESUS! He is the way to the Father NOT the Watchtower Corporation.

Like you I never felt anything in commom with JWs as I was growing up, I was there b/c of my parents, I didn't now anything else. I was kind of rebelious, I got baptized when I was 26 ... and really it was my mom scaring me with armageddon and stuff like that ... but it took me another 14 years to break free from that cult's indoctrination ... I hope you don't have to wait that long ... I never read anything contrary WT teachings until my niece came to live with me, I was already 40 years old ... all of my life I felt depressed, suicidal, gosh I wasted so many years of my life ... but God is faithful and He has given me beauty for my ashes ... I am very happy person now. Free!

Take care, be wise in your actions, read about Cults and most important PTSD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit