Is this the beginning of the end?

by Stealth 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

I have been doing the fade for about a year now from the JW religion.

Today I atteneded the service of a non-denominational church and my dub ex-wife's boss was there and saw me.

So I fully expect that by tomorrow that the local gestapo elders will be aware of the fact that I was at another church. What do you want to bet I will be getting a shepherding call next week, even though I have not seen these loving bothers in many months. What a joke!

Any advice on how I might use some spiritual warfare stratagies when these kind brothers come to visit would be greatly appreciated.

I am not ready to DA or be DF, I have family members still in, so I would like to avoid those as options at this time if at all possible.

Thanks to all,

-stealth

• larc
    larc

Stealth,

I have a couple of thoughts. You could call the guy who saw you and ask him to keep quiet about it. I think he would understand.

If word gets out, you could tell the shepards, that it wasn't you, it was a look alike. Besides, they need two witnesses to make an accusation.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Run and Hide they hot on your trail!! If they ask just say you were there to pick up someone you know, that should satisfy them. If they do hassle you, ask them why is it they come around the instant they think you have done something wrong and yet rarely bother with you at other times. that ought to shout them up. Good luck

• Stealth
    Stealth

larc, Thanks for your thoughts.

I don't think I can ask her boss not to say something. First I don't know her that well, I only met her one time. I think she would think that would be an very wierd request to ask her not to tell my ex that she saw me at her church. I think that would guarantee that she would say something. (gossip)

I guess I could use the two witness rule against them if I need to.

Can they DF me just for attending even though I have not joined?

-stealth

• LB
    LB

I attended other churches a couple of times while I was active. I even snitched on myself. I just said I went as a favor to family members or friends. I told them we worked out a trade.

Just say it was a request by someone and do yourself a favor, if you don't want to get DFed, stay away from church.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• zugzzwan
    zugzzwan

If I were you I'd start packin my bags bud! I can think of a lot of things that they might cut you a little slack on but apostasy ain't one of them! Might be compared to bank robbery in the U.S., you can kill somebody and after so many years they quit looking for you but if you rob a bank......man they ain't never gonna forget that!
    I hear Greyhounds got great rates for fast get aways!

• puzzled
    puzzled

IIINNNCCCOOOMMMMMMIIINNNGGG!!! DDDUUUCCCKKK!!!!!

• Stealth
    Stealth

sounds like i'm screwed!

I guess I can claim I was week spiritually since I have not been to any meetings lately and I went in my moment of weekness.

I was invited by a co-worker so I can blame it on him, he made me do it! LOL!

I got more spiritual encourangement from going to this chruch one time than I have in a year of JW meetings.

It just will piss me off that they have not cared one bit about me in the last year while at the same time spending hundreds of hours knocking on strangers doors trying to convert them. And now they will show up at my door in a heart beat ready to drop the axe.

Real christains, (NOT!)

• 2SYN
    2SYN

This isn't any little offense, like molestation - this is far, far worse - you've been seen in ANOTHER CHURCH! Good Lord! They're going to come down on you like a tonna bricks, that's for sure. Watch your back, I'm sure they've put an Elder or two on your case. From now on, your every move will be monitored, and the slightest thing could get you hung and quartered, spiritually speaking. Be careful, my friend, there are eyes in the sky...

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• Celtic
    Celtic

OK so you went to another church, obviously for a reason, it made you feel better on one visit than 12 months at the hall, so my advice is this, ask Jesus directly for a hand, whatever His will is, follow that, you'll win through in the end.

Peace

Mark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit