Why Does The Partner Who Is Less than" In Love Marry Anyway?

by caliber 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

I've felt a couple of those things myself ........just won't say which hahahahaha !

Children may fail as well but to take the "defeatist" attitude and say nothing to your children would be unwise as well

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Marriage is a legal status. The law makes no inquiry why anyone marries. It is similar to no test of who can best raise children. Pedophiles and violent abusers can still reproduce. I expect it is the business of the parties to the marriage. Friends of mine come from culture where arranged marriage was the norm. Those marriages seemed every bit as happy as those based on romance. In fact, they seemed to have a deeper commitment. It is a very recent step in human history that marriage has anything remotely like liking the other person. Marriages are about property rights, not love.

• caliber
    caliber
    Friends of mine come from culture where arranged marriage was the norm. Those marriages seemed every bit as happy as those based on romance. In fact, they seemed to have a deeper commitment

@ Band on the run ... So to end a marriage with no major issues(based on the quote anyway ) except to say "I don't love you "... would this seem unjustified based on your

quote or personal thoughts or is this an observation only , for us to consider ?

this seems directly opposite to what FHN says (which I quote... one which I tend to agree with )

Self sacrifice without some romantic love in a marriage sounds like cardboard
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    So I make it a point to avoid any women who appear interested in me now. They don't need my fucking baggage.

FinallyFree,

Another poster put this quote on her FB page and I thought of you when I read it. It said:

Everyone you meet comes with baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack.

I hope one day you find that person.

Caliber,

I don't know your personal circumstances, but only you can decide if you love someone enough to marry them or stay married to them. If the other person isn't sure of their love for you, hopefully they can resolve this problem soon so the both of you can make the best of your lives.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

hey BP.. And the rest of the gang on here.. I just got back to work this week so i'm too tired to read or type..

miss the board, but love working..yea.. good topic wanna read.. soon

tt

• caliber
    caliber

Thank you so much Broken Promises... though your avatar name does not jive well with this subject ! hahahaha !

• caliber
    caliber

When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal.

• caliber
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Just move on. And be sure next time. You are older and wiser.

• caliber
    caliber

Tears are the noble language of eyes, and when true love of words is destitute. The eye by tears speak, while the tongue is mute.”
    Robert Herrick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit