JW Preaching Work Ends in 20th Century ?

by Scorpion 48 Replies latest jw friends

• amicus
    amicus

Gozz,

was there a statement to the effect that there was a change in the wording of that sentence in the bound volume?

No, there was no comment anywhere, that the text had been edited.

isn't it dangerous

Yea, but they have to weigh the risks. People like me, and possibly you, see these misreprentations and leave disillusioned. The rank and file look the other way, they are indoctrinated to not question.
    If you really want a good laugh, read the societies spin on the position they took towards the Nazis prior to WWII and then read the actual letter sent to the Government and the proclamation that was read at the next JW convention supporting that letter.
    If a were a Jew and knew what the society really did, I think the next JW I met would be in danger of a good ass kicking.

• Gozz
    Gozz

Amicus,
    someone mentioned something about the Society supporting certain policies in Nazi Germany but couldn't substantiate. It was impossible to swallow. One needs to see hard evidence before accepting or writing to the Society. I am first looking at the option of writing and listening to whatever explanations they may have. If you have references kindly send them to my box...but I've always heard that we were neutral in Germany...

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Gozz,

I understand you're requesting confirmation. As for the WT stand against Jews and for Nazi's - it's in the old yearbooks, and a letter was sent to Hitler (and published for all jw's to see the stand the WT was taking)at the time of sending.

Basically, the WT commended the Nazi's for taking a stand against the Jews who were running (and ruining) the banking systems around the world (according to the WTBTS). The WT said they - in no way - agreed with the Jews and their control of banks. This was, I think, in the 30's. The concensus of thought is that they were trying to make friends with Hitler so he wouldn't take the WT German land.

When Hitler didn't make friends with them and did take their land - then the WT screamed loud and hard against Hitler's abuse of God's people - Jehovah's Witnesses.

In our time - we've only heard the denouncing of Hitler in the WT articles. We've never seen the years earlier "be my buddy & jews are money hungry" letter sent to Hitler, for some reason.

It's scanned on the web, but I'm not sure where. Try Watchtower Observer and Research on the Watchtower to start. When I read it, I just felt a little less God's people-like.

waiting

• amicus
    amicus

Gozz,
    I'll look up and forward the info to you (give me a day or two).
    Waiting pretty much sums up the subject, I'll add just a few more thoughts. The jews were already being persecuted by the Nazi's when the WTBTS took this stand. They took action because the Nazis seized the branch office in Germany which was full of expensive printing equiptment. The letter and proclamation made it very clear that the WTBTS didn't like the Jews or their US allies either, that they understood and supported the German government's (read Hitler) position, and posed no threat to Germany.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

For the story re JW's and Hitler go to:

http://watchtower.observer.org

On the left side topics list go down to "JW&Hitler" - be sure to check our the "documents" reference under this category - it has a copy of the letter sent to the Nazi regime (attempting to save their butts and property.) Plus other relevent info.

• thinker
    thinker

Gozz,

You may be interested to know that statements on the Watchtower CD don't always match, either.

thinker

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

thinker,

You are right about statements not matching on the WT CD. I find this true about most religions that have CDs out. It seems that most religions try to cover over the old foot in the mouth by their leaders. If the rank and file would catch a clue they would realize that following men leads you off a cliff.

• amicus
    amicus

ZazuWitts,
    Thanks for providing the info. I'll turn it into a click for anyone else that want's to read this masterful attempt at diplomacy.
    * http://watchtower.observer.org

• joel
    joel

Here's one of my favs guys!!

Will the unrighteous people of Sodom and Gommorrah be resurrected!?

Well...the WTBTS doesn't really know!

In the Rev. book it said YES!
    In the later edition it said NO!
    In the Insight book it said YES!

I remember this very well because I was tryin' to conduct the Book study...usin' my old Rev. book(which was all studied up from the first time we studied it)...only to find out how necessary it was to have the NEW later edition...so I could be teachin' current "light" [8>]

Oh brother! :(

Pax,
    joel

• Gozz
    Gozz

The Purple Triangle.
    JWs in Germany.
    JWs and Jews.
    ...troubled by the unearthing of a not too glorious past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit