If you've left JWs for Christ - will the end still come?

by flamegrilled 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

"battle" I read "strife". So it means the Great Day is full of strife. It does not appear to be Yahweh's Day because the whole world was misled. It is God's Great Day but few notice.

• cantleave
    cantleave

IN about 5 billion the years the Sun will consume the Earth. I won't be here so I don't care.

• bigmac
    bigmac

the desire (or not ) of an imminent armageddon largely depends on your status in life. if your 1 of the several million miserable jehovahs witnesses---deprived of most normal every day pleasures---then the big A cant come soon enough. too bad umpteen billion other humans get fried.

however--if like me your no longer one of jehovahs happy band, and enjoy life to the max---its better that armageddon remains on hold for a few more thousand years.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Most Christians alive today are not apocalyptic. Many Fundamentalists in Western nations are.

Many cults and NRMs are apocalyptic.

IMHO, the essence of such a belief is individuals feeling that they are special and have special knowledge about the future. It also involves believing that your beliefs are superior and more 'correct' than tens of millions of other Christians on the planet.

Simply put, holding such views will set you up for a lifetime of disappointment and it has the potential to spoil your view of the world around you.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One another important fact to consider is the WTS. doctrines of " The End Times " is a true commercialized exploitation to

proliferate the organization literature and create believers to propagate that work.

Unfortunately Armageddon will not happen because it was just a fictional story told be the ancient Hebrews to create power and relevance

to their own god of worship (Yahweh), subjectively just one of the many stories of the various worshiped gods in that era of human history.

Figuratively speaking Christ was another story but one with much more human like qualities concerning the many perils that mankind endures.

Hence the reason that Christianity got started and was selectively embraced over other forms of worship.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I don't know for sure what I believe, I am still in the circling flight pattern, looking at everything, both atheist and theist. I have to say however, I feel so much better in this search mode than I ever did "having the truth".

I will say this, I no longer believe in the WT version of armageddon. Even if they are right (haha fat chance) I will take the WT armageddon over the WT new order. That would be hell.

• Londo111
    Londo111

In answer to the initial question: I believe we know only in part and see through a hazy mirror. However, Jesus warned that the End would be unpredictable. He warned that many would mislead others into thinking the due time had approached and that you couldn't base how close you were on events such as wars, earthquakes, disease, famines in order to make a prediction. Therefore are we nearing the end? I best answer I feel a Christain can says is, "I don't know."

However, do I believe God or Jesus is coming to everlasting destroy seven billion people like I did when I was a Witness? Absolutely not. When and how things will play out will probably be different than what anybody conceives.

• tec
    tec

Revelation does not say God gathered them to armaggedon. It says the demons do. So why are Christians interested in what demons do?
    Exactly.

God protects those who belong to him from those who ride across the breadth of the earth to make battle and destroy the people of God.

This does not happen until after Christ returns to gather those who belong to Him, and after the thousand years (be that figurative or literal) have ended.

If you do still think the end is coming, then where do you feel that JWs have got things wrong in their interpretation of events (not timing, but rather the things that will actually occur)?
    They went wrong in attempting to set a date to begin with. "The son of man will come at an hour that you are not ex pecting him". By ignoring that teaching, they are showing a decided lack of faith; thinking that they know better than what Christ, Himself, taught.

(Also in confusing the war AT Armageddon (which is a place), with the coming of Christ.)

Peace,

tammy

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Jehovah's Witnesses proselytizing is a total scam.
    Jehovah's Witnesses teach a perverted Gospel of Jesus return or second coming October 1914.They are in effect the 'atheist makers',they intrude door to door obnoxious and turn people off to a real Gospel if there is one. Gal 1:8

Jesus said: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte; and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves” (Matt 23:15) THAT'S THEM HOW? JW are the religion of *default* they breakdown all other faiths making the JW religion the *Truth* by default. On judgment day I would not want to be in the shoes of the Jehovah's Witness charlatans. They made me a 'hysterical' bitter atheist for the first 5 years I was out and for the last 15 years I have been in limbo,on HOW DID WE GET HERE? Evolution does not provide me with enough evidence and their is LOTS of conflict with creation that I wrestle with like why did a 'loving' God create predation? I have pets that I love that would be torn to shreds by other animals if I let them outdoors. There is profound diabolical sadistic deceptive evil in the world and in the JW that seems like it supports the Satan antagonist?

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

tornapart, I agree with what you said.

I do still believe Armageddon is coming, but I believe Jesus is coming literally, that you can see him like the Bible says. I don't believe anyone can know the date except God and that anyone who predicts a date is a false prophet. I don't know about the whole thing JWs believe about the UN being the eighth king and the dual world powers of the US/Britian...I've never heard another religion say that. I have heard some Christians speculating that it could be China or North Korea, but who knows. I try not to focus on that. If I truly am saved by Jesus' blood he shed on the cross, then what do I have to worry about, except to keep myself from deliberate sin and from rejecting God or Jesus. I think everyone overthinks THE END...and if you're a true Christian, it won't be the end.

Oh, and I do sometimes find myself watching for "Peace and security" but I know from reading the Bible that certain things have to happen first, JWs forget that and flip out if anyone comes even close to saying that. JWs live in fear because they have something to fear, true Christians don't live in that fear because they know they will be saved, because otherwise we'd have no faith in Christ's sacrifice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit