If you've left JWs for Christ - will the end still come?

by flamegrilled 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

What are you really worried about?

Are you letting religion and the group of long dead Catholic men who "selected the inspired writings” bully you?

• N.drew
    N.drew

People are way too physical. The warning rings true "beware him who can after killing cast into hell". Luke 12:5

Gog's army is that which misleads. Why would the Bible say "Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him" Ezekiel 38:2 if Gog was to appear in the distant future from his time?

And when Satan is let loose does he not go out to mislead the four corners of the earth? Revelation 20:8 I understand "the four corners of the earth" mean all the men that ever are. And I concur with Tammy 1000 is figurative.

What does 1000 mean? I think it means for each man Christ gives his all because there is no man for real or of representation that has lived to be 1000. In other words every Biblical character is said to have died before 1000.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

When everyone finally leaves Jesus does he get to cancel the return gig and go hang out with Zeus?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I look f orward to the Second Coming. When I was in utter agony for years, I especially looked forward to it. I take the language in Revelation as symbolic. A God worth worshipping would not bring a literal Armageddon. Christians held their breath from the beginning. Paul believed no one would die. They had to adjust their expectations. With heavy but not widespread persecution and the death of the generation that witnessed Jesus, Revelation was an attempt to offer faith, despite the blows to faith.

I live in the present. My task is to grapple with issue of faith in a community of other people grappling with the same questions. The future is vague. Fundamentally, Jesus is compelling, radical, and full of love for all mankind. If He would ever inflict Armageddon on other faiths, or condemn Christians b/c of creedal variances, He is not worth any attention, much less worship.

I don't hold my breath. My focus is on loving one another as Jesus commanded. If Jesus is true (and I am certain 99.99% of my belief can be attributed to my culture and not mental gymnastics), the Second Coming will bring great comfort. The litury says that Christ died. Christ is Risen. Christ will come again as the mystery of the faith. I can't believe people were voluntarily crucified, thrown to lions, and other torture for a bloodthirty God. Revelation is taken with many grains of salt. It almost was not part of the canon. I focus on the gospels in their diversity and Paul's authentic writings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit