I can't remember the 'Most Important Date of My Life!' Can you?

by Diest 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

June 16, 2003.

That was the day I mailed the letter telling the elders to f*ck off.

W

• finally awake
    finally awake

April 2001 I think

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Well if you ask for the date of my baptism I have a hunch and can check it from calendar if I need to. But really the most importand date of my life must been the one when mum and dad did the thing, because without that none of the others would have happened. No I have no idea what date that is.

CP

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Boys and girls, most of us must been rebellious already back then. At least in my baptism speech the brother asked us to write this very important date in our bibles. Have heard the same since in all the other baptism speeches, but for some reason I didn't do that.

CP

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

The actual date I do know. But it may be TMI right now.

I'll just say I was 17. Not ready for marriage, or life, but ready to serve the org God forever.

CoC

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I don't even know why I remember but it was Feb 4th 1982, here I was born in and was the ripe age of 17 ( I was such a disgrace to my family). I really did it because my mother was going stop letting me drive if I didn't get baptised, she felt I must not be a good decision maker if I am not baptised (makes perfect sense). May 4th 2008, was the day I told my husband "Honey I can't do this anymore"! NMKA

• finally awake
    finally awake

In reality the most important date in my life was February 9, 1991. That's the day Just Ron and I started dating.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was never baptized as a Witness. My cousins were baptized as tweens. I was outraged. Where was respect for me? My mom said she was dedicated at fourteen, the same year she was expelled from high school b/c of flag salute. She said it was not a casual matter. Maybe we consider when we were in our thirties. Leaving would have been much harder if I were baptized. They talk about adult baptism. Ha!

I was baptized as an Episcopolian the same day I was confirmed. It was the night before Easter. My memories are clear. I was about twenty three. It was strange in that denomination bein baptized as an adult. I realized what a heinous crime I was committing from a Witness perspective. I have lovely photos of the day. My family never came with me to church. They were so burned by the Witnesses that they wanted nothing to do with Witness. Yet they were present for my baptism.

• watson
    watson

*I want to believe*......I get it.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

February 3rd,1996, Jose Lind gave the talk. I was 19.

2 days after my birthday is why I remember. It's important because I wasted the next 10-12 years because of that day. Good grief charlie brown

A Stone Crying Out, Not really. You could have gone to Bethel just to meet women. I know a brother who did this. Aside from going because your friends went, I always thought that was one of the worst reasons to go.

I know people who went for both reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit