I Was Offered A Bible Study By The Elders

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If I "studied" with them, I'd soon be disfellowshipped!

• Ding
    Ding
    A person is considered a teachable sheep if they accept everything they are told without questioning.

Remember the usual pattern.

The first one or two study sessions may involve genuine questions.

Usually these fall under predictable topics for which JWs have proof texts.

Those proof texts are presented in a barrage of Bible hopscotch for which the study is totally unprepared.

If the study asks tough questions, JWs change the subject to topics that are likely to resonate (no hell, no war, awfulness of crime, fear of terrorism, and the like).

By the second or third session, the study is tired of being unprepared and looking stupid and becomes the unquestioning, compliant sheep VM44 talked about.

Knowing all this, Minimus, you can avoid all these traps and ask about things for which they have no answers.

Don't let them change subjects on you until it's clear they have no good answer for the current question under discussion.

And don't let them switch from the Bible to WT literature.

Wasn't it a BIBLE study they offered?

If necessary, ask them to summarize their best answer to your question before moving on.

Most likely before long they will call you a vile apostate, leave in a huff, and kick the dust off their feet as they go.

But you will have planted seeds.

• minimus
    minimus

Is Gumby still in??? He used to post here all the time but felt he needed to be with his Witness family and returned to the "Truth".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Min..

Ya Gumby is still in..

He pops in to JWN every now and again..

...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

thanks Outlaw.

• moshe
    moshe

For the record, I would NEVER be involved with them. I keep my mouth shut for my soon to be 86 year old mom's sake.

Minimus has his elderly mother to take care of, being df'd would complicate that. Once she has passed, I think minimus will be done with being a doormat for the elders. If his mum stays healthy, he has another 10 years to keep his lips zipped. The question is, will minimus still be here to tell us he is , out?

• Terry
    Terry

So along comes the boa constrictor and says to the rabbit: It is very cold outside. Why don't you let me cuddle around you and warm you up?

• flipper
    flipper

" So, do you think I should accept the study, or what ? " I think you know the answer to that one. Only if you want pain & misery & control in your life

• moshe
    moshe

Maybe the elders have gotten tipped off about minimus?

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

I'm pretty sure that 'experience' was from the latest yearbook although I haven't checked. My mum was trying to tell me one very similar when she was reading the yearbook.

I reckon that if you accept the study they won't come back after the first one. Would be funny to disprove everything they said but maybe a bit mean to toy with your mother's feelings. Would she get her hopes up if you accepted?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit