To Vote or Not To Vote... that is the question.

by harleybear 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

We have been voting for about 8 years now. We used to do it by absentee ballot, but now we just go to the polling station. We vote locally and nationally. We have taken it one s t ep farther and donate to our preferred candidates, work with mailings, setting up events, handing out flyers (now that's a deja vu feeling), get to know the candidates, educate ourselves about the issues and how it affects us. I have seen many local elections be won by less than 10 votes.

I have seen sports fans root for years for teams that don't win very often...what moves them...it's just a game.

I don't want to be the silent majority

• freydo
    freydo

".....It is time for a groundswell of Ron Paul supporters to quietly, respectfully but firmly make their position clear to the mainstream media and the GOP establishment. Simply put, “No Paul on the ticket means no vote for the GOP in November.”

"The Ron Paul Campaign has the GOP establishment stuck between a rock and a hard place even though they have not won a single state in the primaries to date. Every Paul supporter knows the underhanded tactics used by the Republican leadership at the state and national level as well as the organized smear and news blackout campaign carried out by the mainstream media.....The establishment knows the Gingrich and Santorum voters in the GOP Presidential primary will eventually vote for Mitt Romney in November if he wins the Republican presidential nomination at the GOP convention beginning on August 27th, 2012. They also know and fear that most Ron Paul supporters will not vote for the nominee and will likely stay away from the polls in droves thus hurting the other Republican candidates for the House and Senate as well for state and local elections. Basically, 15% of the GOP primary voters will sit out the 2012 November election and this almost guarantees the re-election of Barack Obama."

Read more

• Diest
    Diest

I vote. The lesser of two evils is better than the greater of two evils.

• freydo
    freydo

Vote for Obama! He's Black!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit