To Vote or Not To Vote... that is the question.

by harleybear 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have voted since I left. I just wish there was a candidate from the Monster Raving Looney Party for me to vote for where I live, perhaps I may even stand for them one day !

• d
    d

I am a registered voter but at times I feel that voting is pointless.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Yeah if you a dub and they find out you voted you will such privileges as microphone handler, parking attendant, wow such a loss.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

WHY?

It's like being asked to decide if you want to be slowly tortured to death by this elderly menacing phony or that not getting any younger sinister hypocrite.

Who cares? They're both old creepy liars who are going to kill you, so does it really matter?

Just surprise me!

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Voting is a scam. The Dictators are using it to make you believe you live in a Democracy.

NOLAW

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

• "If voting worked it would be illegal" ...I read that somewhere...

Sw

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I've been registered to vote for 16 years and participate in all elections from local to national. Luckily I've never been called for jury duty. But if it ever happens, I'll tell he truth and say I have no faith in the justice system, and it would be impossible to believe either side, rendering me useless to make a decision.

• dog is god
    dog is god

I vote in local and national. Might help...probably is useless but I will put in my 2 cents.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Voting is waste of time. Might as well regular pioneer.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I sneaked out of the house to volunteer in Gene McCarthy's peace campaign in 1968. My father, A witness, was prounion b/c he worked in the coal mines and saw the difference unions make. He was a zealous Humphrey supporter. Despite express directions never to call me at hone, the McCarthy people did. I expected to be beaten to a pulp. His actual reaction was one of mirth. I've volunteered in numerous campaigns.

I did not feel enthused this year. Obama's campaign sends me a barrage of emails. As the tone in the GOP primaries has become more bitter and strident, Obama looks better and better to me. I am interested in voter integrity and usually do the work on Election Day. I'm admitted in NY so it was much more exciting. I feel like a clerk doing it here in PA.

I am considering travelling on Election Day to NY, Philadelphia. Any place but here. There was much better legal training in NY. It is easy b/c you don't sweat the details. I spot issues. Unless the answer is clearly in the statute, I just call lawyers who only do elections. I am slated to meet a top lawyer in the field next week in PHiladelphia to explore how it can be more meaningful.

I always think of Paul Simon's Mrs. Robinson. Anyway you look at it, you lose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit