Has Anyone Been Present When a Dissident Spoke in KH?

by Band on the Run 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I know some dissatisified members have planned to "throw caution to the wind" when they exit and break the news as a stunning revelation of lies. Some of my funniest memories were of teachers and others terminated but since they had to finish their contract, they decided to share their insights and horrors. In normal life, there is a certain allowance made under the circumstances. The Witnesses aren't normal people. I have two thoughts: 1. my KHs would not realize someone was critiquing the WTBTS unless it was very clear. 2. one of the reasons I never did such an action was that I felt the people were trapped.Somehow coming from a long line of Witness, I could have contradictory thoughts. Sometimes I comment on religious matters. People love it in NY. It does not play at all here in the PA Bible Belt. People are genuinely hurt.

If anyone wants to share their experience, I'd like to rea d it. How are contentious people dealt with? I'm also recalling student council elections in high school once certain students had control of the mike.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

No. But I'd love to see it.

It's like a local news anchor who quit on live TV during the 6pm news cast. She went from the normal news to an all out rant,then they cut the feed.

Can't recall her name to save my life.

Can you imagine ? A brother/sister getting the mic and just going off ? Or better yet a brother speaking his mind from the platform.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Well, there was Little Toe in Scotland ...

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Thanks Monroe.

I missed that thread,but that took alot of courage.

He took a risk on cutting off everything in his life.

More power to anyone who goes this route. I can't imagine it is an easy feat.

• designs
    designs

I brought a Bible Study to the KH for his first visit and he started arguing with the Watchtower conductor during the study, pretty hilarious

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I was old enough to know something was happening, but young enough not to catch what exactly was going on. A brother in our congregation, fairly young, early 40s maybe, and his wife, partook at the memorial. You can imagine the stir that caused. There was a lot of whispers that went on over the next few weeks/months, and then he was announced as DF'd from the stage. I remember the whole thing being quite the scandal.

Looking back, knowing what I know now, I think he and his wife were one of those who woke up in the great purge of the '80s. Can't be sure, but it makes the most sense to me now.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Unbelievable how they let this hippie brother join the Ministry School, guess he cut his hair and shaved, but the first time he gave a talk his opening line was "Dig this cat Jehovah"

BTW wasn't my Hall, but a friend of my mothers told her this happened in her previous KH in Florida.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

no, but would love to see it, have thought about doing it myself.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I had a verbal argument with a C.O just before a meeting in 1982 due to the change in DF'ing policy.

I walked out before the meeting and never come back...(memorial for a few years)

I did like the way Little Toe did it.......

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Little Toe was respectful, earnest, sincere...and then just said I can no longer be a JW bc of my love for Jesus and what I have learned. Amazing talk.

What if all the dissident JWs stood up and calmly said "this is wrong" all at once? It would be way bigger than anything seen yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit