The JWs reaction to bible movies not produced by the WTS is crazy!

by serenitynow! 12 Replies latest jw friends

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

I started reading the 96 comment posted under the pics of the Borg. I couldn't even get a third of the way down before I wanted to slit my eyeballs. I never rolled my eyes so much in my life.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The elders were very upset with me when I went to see Passion of the Christ. I responded that it was one of the most faithbuilding experiences I ever had, understanding just how much suffering Jesus went through.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember seeing a film called The Bible--detailing what happened from creation through Abraham sacrificing Isaac. This was nothing more than an enactment of this segment of Genesis--no one found out. And back then, it was no big deal. After all, the truth would stand against any false religion.

These days, they are so worried that their lies will be exposed, both on the pro-Christian side and the "Christianity is a scam" side, that they are ready to disfellowship people for watching this kind of films. Anything religious that doesn't come from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is banned. Pro-Christian is bad. Pro-Islam is bad. Anti-Islam is bad. Anti-Christianity is bad. Things dealing with atheism are bad. Hinduism and Buddhism are bad, either for or against. Watch a video in favor of religious missionary work in Nigeria that doesn't come from the Washtowel, that's bad. Watch a video detailing that the same mission is a waste of time, that's bad.

Music, too. Mrs Robinson, by Simon & Garfunkel, is about Jesus. Let It Be, by the Beatles, is about Catholicism. Jesus Christ Superstar is also bad. Everything's Beautiful, by Ray Stevens, is bad because of the Jesus part in the beginning. And so on. Any song that mentions Christ is bad. Never mind that it doesn't utter a peep about any doctrine--Everything Is Beautiful just mentions Jesus loving the children of the world without mentioning a peep about doctrine. Yet, it is bad.

I myself do not believe in Jesus' sacrifice or the need for it (I believe that Jesus was actually an apostate Jew, and died trying to save us from Jehovah). I also deplore what Christi-SCAM-ity has done for mankind (Dark Ages, crusades, wars, and conquests of countries and all) and what they continue doing (coercing people to sell out for basic humanitarian relief, killing, kidnapping, raping children, and preying on people in hardship just to plant their damn churches). Yet, I will still listen to Christian music if it is worth listening to. I also watch the pro-Christian videos (and see what a waste of time the missions are), along with the Christianity-is-a-scam videos. In each case, my experience with what a miserable provider Jehovah is weighs much more toward my attitude toward him than anything I see on videos, stories, or songs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit