The JWs reaction to bible movies not produced by the WTS is crazy!

by serenitynow! 12 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Some of the reactions are funny and sad. The librarian on the JW News, Library, etc. page has posted a bunch of movies based on bible characters and JWs are freaking out! They are like, "these are made by Babylon the Great! Get out of her!" "Were these made by the Society?" People are threatening to stop "liking" the page. It is so stupid!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jehovahs-Witnesses-News-Library-History-Videos-Talks-Illustrations/252294947042

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

What's sad is how the JW's excuse the "artistic license" the WT takes with it's dramas. Yet hey are quick to pounce all over any biblically themed movie that goes off script. What can you expect from kool aid drinkers?

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wow, too bad I can't log into my facebook account...the stuff they say on there is crazy, especially when you realize it isnt 'the truth'.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Its all in the name of information control!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I worked with a young [untrue] Christian when my kids were little, he suggested Veggie Tales as a nice series for the kids, I resisted for quite some time cuz surely they were tools the Devil would use to corrupt my children's minds ... eventually I rented one, this is okay I thought (I didn't get the holiday ones of course), I ended up purchasing a few, kids loved them ... I learned from other kids that came to our house that their parents told them they couldn't watch them as they were from false religion ....

That is one thing that I always wondered about ... Christian music BAD, movies BAD, radio BAD ... all tools of the devil, yet the same parents would let their kids play questionable video games, watch movies that didn't have a positive message, listen to popular music ... but ANYTHING called "Christian" is to be avoided like the plague.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

good point ds. I'm going to remember that one.

• undercover
    undercover

Oh no! Don't watch that movie with Charlton Heston as Moses! He's in that Ape movie that teaches evolution!

Heard that one time, I shit you not...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ should Film one of their Assembly Dramas and..

See how well it does it Theatres..

http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/stinks.png

........................;-)...OUTLAW

• Wayward Son
    Wayward Son

This kinda fits in with this thread. When I was in highschool I really got into classical music. (pianist) My mother told me not to bring any of it in the house and warned me away from even listening to it because all those composers were homosexuals and that music will only lead you to that lifestyle.

A few rated - R movies were okay to slip in once in awhile, but LORDY!... don't let that homuh-sekchul music in the house.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Uber-right wing witlesses remind me of Kathy Bates in The Water Boy; everything not from momma (her) was "THE DEVIL".

Watch the movie, but imagine her as the wash-towel; it ads a whole new level of hilariousness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit