You Might be a Jehovah's Witness if . . .

by sizemik 57 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

You might be a JW's if you have a us against them mentality and become very paranoid that everyone who is not a JW's is out to get you.

You grow up not knowing any of your relatives or family line becauce they are not JW's.

You might be a JW's if you felt guilty for watching Babylon 5 because it had the word Babylon in it.

You might be a JW's if you are proud of your children for be objects of ridicule at school because they are so diffrent.

You might be a JW's child if spring vacation means sitting for 3 days at a CA.

I have more but I have to go. Totally ADD

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

You have to look up the local Kingdom Hall when you travel through a city on vacation.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

You grow up not knowing any of your relatives or family line becauce they are not JW's. -AMEN!

I grew up in a town with dozens of cousins, aunts, uncles... many cousins my age that I never knew until a family reunion when i was in my late teens. Some of us even went to the same highschool!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Me too.

You really know you're a JW when you grew up in a small town that your family has been in for at least six generations and can count on one hand how many relatives you know (especially when you later learn you're related to nearly half the f**king town).

• androb31
    androb31

If your reaction to a cross is similar to that of a vampire.......

If your spirituality is measured in number of books and magazines placed.....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Great thread!

• d
    d

You are afraid to say praise Jesus.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

... you wake up early on Saturday morning, take a shower, shave, get dressed up better than you do all week long just so you can go knock on the doors of mostly empty houses hoping to talk to a total stranger about "The Good News of the Kingdom" but you won't get off your ass to help your own elderly, grandmother do some yard work around her house. Why not? Because she is not a JW and never has been.

But you WILL take her up on any offers to go shopping for things you WANT, but don't really NEED.

WWJD? Not that!

• biometrics
    biometrics

You have dog marks on your suit, car, breifcase
    You could read better than most adults by age 8
    You immediately identify with any of these words/phrases:-

The Truth, Kingdom Hall, Ministerial Servant, Pioneer, Elder, Witness, Bible Study, Field Service, Return Visit, In the Truth, Apostate, Disapproved Associate, Paradise Earth, Publications, Anointed, Governing Body, District Convention, Circuit Overseer, Special Pioneer, Where the need is greater, End of this system

You feel releived the weekend is over
    You're quick to point out faults with other's faith, but are forbidden to investigate your own religion's history
    You have a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you will survive, and others will perish

• biometrics
    biometrics

The most important factor when you move house is "How far is it from the Kingdom Hall?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit