thoughts

by isaacaustin 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Throwing this out to the board for input. My father will be giving his first public talk shortly. I was shocked by the audacity to be asked to come to his public talk, being told I don't have to believe or come back but can simply come to show my support for him. This being said when he know if the situation were reversed and he were asked to attend a church event to support me he would not even consider it. I highly doubt I will go. I certainly will not bargain how I will dress if I were to go- jeans and a tee, just as I would wear to any church. Going will also bring back anger and depression and ruin my state of mind for a few days. Ok, those are my feelings.

Any input??

• N.drew
    N.drew

It sounds like you shouldn't go. But to show your support to your father can you ask someone to film it?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

N.Drew, that's an original idea! LOL

• N.drew
    N.drew

I don't know when people are being sarcastic.

• elderelite
    elderelite

IA, i think i would let his treatment of you be the defining factor. If he is shunning you or treating poorly because you arnt active, hell no. If you guys are ok otherwise and he is generally cool with your disbelief, i would suck it up as a family thing and go... Just my .02

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

elderlite, I was never baptized, but raised in it. So, no he doesn't shun me, however, he is very cold, and antisocial. I see it as yet another situation where JWs ask you to cater to them, compromise and bite the bullet when they themselves would do nothing of the sort.

• N.drew
    N.drew

If you go you will waste a nice day. They will be pleased with themselves and that's what they want. But you will not be pleased with yourself.

• elderelite
    elderelite

They do. And your right he wouldnt come to your church.

But hes in a cult and acts accordingly. My gut, and my gut only, is support your dad.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Any input??

Your dad loves you and you him (I'm assuming). The Watchtower knows this and is using that warm fuzzy feeling to fashion a rusty hook.

-Sab

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

I was asked to go to one of my dad's public talks too. It wasn't his first but they really put the pressure on for us to go.

We didn't go, but we said we would go spend some time with them at their house...cookout and let the kids play. Yeah, they didn't want that. I guess that showed their true intentions were for us to be at the meetings, not to be together as a family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit