Memorial Partakers guesses?

by AK - Jeff 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Let's face it, really...I mean REALLY....so who are the "anointed"?

Just people who think they are.That's all they are.

And in any case, that means just people who have either grown up knowing the doctrine of the 144,000 because their mothres told them so, or they are people who have swallowed this extraordinary teaching hook, line and sinker. So, that means that anyone brave enough to withstand the pressure of all the onlooking eyes and who thinks they really, truly deserve to sit on one of those heavenly thrones might decide to go the whole hog and partake.

Me, I think those thrones are going to get very uncomfortable in an eternity of sitting and ruling.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Thus, meticulously counting all emblem partakers is not necessary as this does not represent the number of anointed ones on earth. Our upcoming 2013 Yearbook will reflect these changes in understanding and cease publishing the number of partakers.

1-Does not represent the number of anointed ones on earth. Did they just admit that either they don’t know who’s really anointed or how many are? If anointed are all witlesses and the GB is 'guided by Holy Spirit" then shouldn’t they know? That is unless anointed aren't (all) witlesses and the GB isn't 'guided by Holy Spirit". OH SNAP!

2-Meticulously counting all emblem partakers is not necessary. The letter doesn’t state they aren’t going to try and keep track, it just says they aren’t going to PUBLISH those numbers. In other words, we’re going to count, just not meticulously, and in doing so we aren’t going to let R&F know about the numbers anymore so if we’re asked we can come up with a number to suite our needs. SO THERE!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Keep in mind that bats in the belfry was joking...We wouldn't want to show or quote this to a believing Witness, telling them this was an actual letter from the Society. It would be quite counterproductive.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The 144,000 are the "natural Jews" who are among the elect. Isa 6:13 shows them to be the "root" and thus 1/10th of the entire number. The entire number of the elect, therefore, are 1,440,000! Doesn't that make more sense? Of course.

Even so, the greater majority of the true elect know that Christ arrived in 1992 and thus ended the formal memoral. The reference to this is the "end of gift and sacrifice" that occurs at mid-week. For the second coming, this means the end of the Memorial after Passover of April 6, 1993. After all, isn't it clear that once Christ returns then the memorial of his absence ends!! So even if 1914 were correct, that is when the memorial should have ended, right? The "memorial" is only kept until his return!!

Now the actual situation is, is that Christ did return on time in 1992 and the final partaking passover was April 6, 1993. The greater majority of the elect understand this and thus no longer partake. But since some "new wine" is not mixed with the "old wineskins" some of the increase in partakers could represent some of those who are truly anointed and chosen, they just don't understand Christ returned specifically in 1992. They know, though, that they are anointed and so partake. That's fine. But many others, still associated with the WTS, understand not to partake so don't.

But this was entirely expected. Thus reflect on the parable of the vineyard workers. The first to be hired understood they would receive a full day's wage of the "penny" which represents the heavenly calling. From the 3rd to the 11th-hour workers, they would expect something less but whatever was fair. But it turns out, when the master arrived in kingly power to pay the workers, HE GAVE EVERYBODY THE PENNY! What does that mean? That means that the "other sheep" earthly class (3rd -11th hour workers) were invited into the heavenly class when Christ arrived in 1992!

So an INCREASE in the anointed was expected, except since Christ's arrival would also end the official passover/Lord's Supper, those truly understanding would no longer partake. Again, the full number is 1,440,000!! 1/10th are natural Jews who are the 144,000.

Now step back and OBSERVE JW FALSE TEACHING! They think they are the 11th-hour workers. They teach that the 1st-hour workers who murmur about the penny given to the 11th-hour workers, must be Christendom! But the WTS doesn't address the fact that the 3rd, 6th, and 9th-hour workers also get the penny. So if the WTS is the last ones to come on the scene, the 11th-hour workers, who are the 3rd, 6th and 9th-hour workers who also get the penny!!! Further, the WTS which as a persecution complex, wants the 1st-hour workers to be Christendom. But the 1st-hour workers don't lose their penny just because they murmur agains the 11th-hour workers!! ALL get the penny! Including the 1st-hour workers! If the WTS wants to be the persecuted 11th-hour workers, then fine! But ALL the workers get the penny, so how can others besides the WTS get the penny?

Sorry, it doesn't work. What that parable says is that the "other sheep" (3rd-11th hour workers) simply are not told they are part of the heavenly class until after Christ arrives. They are invited in after he arrives in 1992. The 1st-hour workers, the original "anointed" are surprised by this and unhappy. That's all.

Anyway, whatever.

This is REALLY HAPPENING right now. Christ arrived in 1992 and many of the "other sheep" were anointed into the kingdom and some, who don't fully understand, are showing up and still partaking. Thus the increase.

LS

• smiddy
    smiddy

Here`s my prediction 12524,what`s my prize for getting it right ? A lifetime membership as one of the 144000 ?just asking

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If you are spot on I'll buy you a few tinnies.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

If one uses a straightline forecast using the partakers starting in 2005 to the present the 2012 attendance will be ..........12399.

• donny
    donny

When did the numbers quit decreasing and begin going up?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/memorial-partakers.php is a great article on this from jwfacts.

The general slope of the curve changes in the 2004/2005 area, if one includes 2000 - 2011 and do a straightline approximation, the prediction would be 11295, a slight decrease from last year, but in general an increase over the past 12 years.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

If one uses a straightline forecast using the partakers starting in 2005 to the present the 2012 attendance will be ..........12399

I knew I'd find a use for integral calculus one day - now I can't remember how to do it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit