Memorial Partakers guesses?

by AK - Jeff 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mind blown
    mind blown

We pretty much had a feeling they were going to stop printing the numbers for obvious reasons, however, for them now to actually do it...embarrasing

The latest scripture based research evidently points to the fact that when Jesus spoke about the "faithful and discreet slave" appearing in our twentieth century, we had ( more new light spinning ) in mind a 'theological concept' of worldwide proportions. We, therefore, as the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, do not keep a list of all partakers, for we do not maintain a global network of anointed ones. Thus, meticulously counting all emblem partakers is not necessary as this does not represent the number of anointed ones on earth. Our upcoming 2013 Yearbook will reflect these changes in understanding and cease publishing the number of partakers.

What we do know is that there will be some of the anointed “slaves of our God” on earth when the destructive winds of the great tribulation are released. (Rev. 7:1-3) Until then, the anointed will take the lead in something that is well-documented by our annual service report—the greatest preaching and teaching work in human history. As part of the King’s belongings, they are happy to cooperate fully with the arrangements made by the Governing Body, which represents “the faithful and discreet slave.”

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I guess if you can't explain it or can't change it, stop reporting it.....and hope that the folks will not really think it is a significant change.

Since it is a congregational letter, the 'rank and file' will not notice a change, so this will not have any impact at all on the members who don't think for themselves, will only raise a few eyebrows of the inquisitive ones, especially if they look at what the numbers have been doing......

• trevorbv
  • Londo111
    Londo111

I assume bats in the belfry was joking with a fake letter?

BTW--I wonder how many will be partaking secretly? I know of two.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Even if it is fake letter, someone on this site already tried using those same exact words/points, when trying to defend the WTS attorny in Steven Unthank's case, noting the Faithful and Descreet was a "Theocratic Arrangement" and "Not A Real Group Of People".

I personally think in time, they are going to send out their new light stating that the number is not a literal number and is symbolic number which was obvious to many (other then the GB) years ago.....

These are NOT wise men. They are blindly leading many and forcing their own interpetations on Millions of people.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

... xactly -- just dickin' around.

Since approx. 2007 their doctrines around the FDS/GB are so FUBAR. It's hard to endure through all that nonsence with a straight face, let alone, not poking fun it.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Please tell me this letter is real, because it would truly make my day.

if it is, please scan it and post it.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Wow,no longer counting the partakers. I'll have to ask a couple relatives of mine,who usually pass the emblems,and see what their instructions are this year.

Even if,this letter was read to the congregation,sadly ,to most Witnesses it would make sense.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Can you imagine the collective "Oh, sh!t" if the number dwindles to 666

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit