• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The last four years:

2007 9105

2008 9986 Up 9.6%

2009 10857 Up 8.7%

2010 11202 Up 3.2%

2011 11824 Up 5.5%

With all the changes in the 'generation', 'sealing', doctines, etc. - there have been unexpected [I imagine] jumps in this number. There have also been major efforts to stem this by discouragement in the Watchtower press. So it is up and down [the %], still up in total every year in the past few years.

So, guesses?

Here's mine - 12714 for 2012

I know it's early, and the numbers won't be published for a long while. But we can pull up the thread and look later if you were right.

Jeff

• designs
    designs

Looks like the number could correlate to the Dow Jones Industrial average.

• finallysomepride
  • JRK
    JRK

JK

• Alfred
    Alfred

I really don't believe the actual number of partakers is going up... I believe the WT leadership is purposely increasing the number of partakers to buy themselves more time... they know they're losing credibility with some JWs in doing so, but with the majority (who are mostly oblivious to this) they really are buying time... that's just my personal opinion...

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN THE UNITED STATES BRANCH TERRITORY

Re: Memorial partakers 2012

The latest scripture based research evidently points to the fact that when Jesus spoke about the "faithful and discreet slave" appearing in our twentieth century, he had in mind a 'theological concept' of worldwide proportions. We, therefore, as the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, do not keep a list of all partakers, for we do not maintain a global network of anointed ones. Thus, meticulously counting all emblem partakers is not necessary as this does not represent the number of anointed ones on earth. Our upcoming 2013 Yearbook will reflect these changes in understanding and cease publishing the number of partakers.

What we do know is that there will be some of the anointed “slaves of our God” on earth when the destructive winds of the great tribulation are released. (Rev. 7:1-3) Until then, the anointed will take the lead in something that is well-documented by our annual service report—the greatest preaching and teaching work in human history. As part of the King’s belongings, they are happy to cooperate fully with the arrangements made by the Governing Body, which represents “the faithful and discreet slave.”

cc: Travelling overseers

PS to secretary:

This letter should be retained in the congregation file along with other material related to the jw.org Web site.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Where is 144,001 when you need him?

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I don´t believe it! So now the GB is not going to post the Memorial partakers numbers anymore? Getting too embarrassing one would think with it going UP each frickin year!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

The GB is like a chick in a really short mini-skirt just desperately trying to cover their ass.

NEWS FLASH GB!

No matter how hard you try, there just ain't enough fabric to keep covering up your naughty bits.

This change just gave us a flash, UH OH!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The GB is like a chick in a really short mini-skirt just desperately trying to cover their ass.

Thank you for ruining mini-skirts for men everywhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit