Wheres the safest place on earth to run to!!!

by Star tiger 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Think About It
    Think About It

This remote section of Alberta I'm in is looking pretty good if they can keep the electric on and the food rolling in.

Think About It

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Utah, where the mormon god blessed it?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

We owned a home in Newark, NJ. The threat of violence and actual violence was a constant. My sister was severely bullied b/c she was a minority. She became quite ill from the stress. We moved from the home where I grew up when her doctor refused to allow her to ever set foot in Newark schools. My mom was widowed and despite some remedial laws, needed a male co-signer. We ended up moving to a rental apartment in Upper Montclair, NJ. The school system is excellent. It is a very affluent community. Montclair was always integrated. As far back as colonial days, a colony of free black existed. It was one half hour into Manhattan. The community was very active. I prefer Manhattan but altho I was upset about the loss of ownership, it was the best decision.

I would advice almost anyone in trouble to find an inexpensive apartment on the border of a prosperous town. People were so friendly. My heart wasn't about to explode. I stood for mass transit in peace without worrying about being the victim of a drive by shooting. The town did not allow drag racing. I can't think of the minutest thing that was not vastly better than Newark.

I moved away from the area b/c of illness. If I can't find a rental in Manhattan, I'm planning on commuting from Montclair. When there was a bus strike, the regular commuters organized and were part of the settlement process. The train station was well-stocked with New York Times, Wall St. Journals and Washington Posts. Coffee was available. People volunteered to keep this open for us. It was not done by the train company.

I've also heard stars who attended Beverly Hills High on a single mother's salary. Even the homeless in Manhattan do the same thing. People decide to stak e out a place near world famous co-ops. The neighborhood is safe.

• N.drew
    N.drew

the men.....taking turns on guard for the women and children. I am much meaner than most men, scarier too! I might or might not be stronger than some men. I can't/won't shoot.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Tasmania. Bottom of the world, mostly untouched. Plenty of kangaroos and wallabys to eat. Clean water. Great Social Security benefits. And one of the Governing Body was born there.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

It's quite nice in parts of rural England. Cleanish air, high ground to get you above that old food plain, good soil to grow your own and run a few chickens...parts of England could almost be in the running for Paradise Earth.

Iceland's nice too, I hear, and well away from any rioting hordes, though it's a bit chilly and the ground moves around a lot.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

You can't predict nature so there is no point of worrying about that type of event.

As for economic event, urban cities would be the worse hit as not only would you have harder time with food but more likely you would have larger riots/violence.

Seeing how they managed '08, I will guess the governments will continue to bail out friends in high places and you can be concerned about high to hyper inflation down the road but that could be another 5 10 or 20 years from now. 1930s deflation is unlikely especially since Bernanke is at the helm, and by seeing how EU and UK and other bankers are dealing with the problems, I wouldn't worry too much about general deflation event, but hyper inflation one some time in the future. You still want to live in a developed country, and one that offers most freedoms. You do want to have a valid passport and have a backup country of your choice - personally South America(Chile), or Australian regions. Ideally you want not too cold of a climate and an area to grow food if need be, with access to clean water.

IMO countries that will get hit hard will be EU, UK, US, Japan. We'll see what happens with EU, if they will be the first to fall and pull others or will it be Japan or US. Japan's debt to GDP over 200%, US with debt to GDP over 100% and large importer which is greatly influenced by inflation risks from those countries, EU with a central bank has a internal problem where EU states can't print away their problems like US/Japan but create a different set of problems. Today's financial world is really intertwined so once one large economy falls, it will drag the others in. If Greece were to default, credit event would have to be called, ISDA couldn't ignore it like it's ignoring the 70% haircut on the loans, and many US banks would be paying out on "insurance policies" which would probably create another '08 financial crisis within US banking system.

There are many whens and ifs, so it's good to think about the possibilities, have some hedges in place but don't worry too much, because if the financial debt bubble bursts, the globe will be involved and you will feel it no matter where you are.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Tasmania or New Zealand is pretty safe.

Where I live is nice too.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

is there any dangerous spots in Spain?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

For the sake of accuracy, I have found out Geoff Jackson was not born in Tasmania, but Queensland. He moved to Tasmania when about 3 years old, and continues to visit on occasion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit