Who Knows The Exact Current Interpretation of "Generation" Please!

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

djeggnog: 'In a recent thread in which the man proved to be quite disingenuous, I had to withdraw from it because (a) he was off-topic, (b) he was trolling me, and (c) he proved to dishonest, which is why I have described @BillyEB as being "disingenuous."'

No sissy-boy, you trolled me by attacking my comments which were clearly directed to the opening post and the opening poster, TimothyT. You were the one that went off-topic with crap like "...injecting the patient with epinephrine (EPI) and some anesthetic agent (like lidocaine or bupivacaine)..." because you couldn't quote any scriptures to support your false assertions.

And you didn't "withdraw", you got owned by Timmy.

Eggy, it has now become apparent to me that you do not care that your conduct here may be turning many lurking JWs off from worshipful service to Watchtower Corporation. Your agressive "In your face!" insulting style could easily be causing some JWN members to be reluctant about posting here for fear you are going to attack their comments which are directed to other people. It's obvious that you often derail people's threads and troll people like myself. I simply quoted from Insight to answer the opening post. I didn't join this thread to have you derail it and I cannot in good conscience take anything you say seriously. I think your messaging style of insulting everyone that posts on a thread is particularly bizarre, that it could lead to causing irreversible damage to your reputation, and make JWN appear to be an unwelcome place for people like myself that quote from the Bible and Watchtower publications.

I don't know if you are currently suffering from a psychosis of some kind, but I don't want to be responsible in any way for causing a psychotic break. Your behavior in this thread has demonstrated to me that you aren't straightforward, as you both worshipfully adore, and bitterly hate quotes from Watchtower publications. After reading your last posts, I've concluded that we have evidently not been exchanging messages with a sane person.

You continue to ignore the posting guidelines for this forum. Here you go into a lengthy tirade about some mythical discussion that we had about Pluto. Pluto? Where did that come from? Check your medication, because it wasn't me. I used the search here and found that you've had that conversation with yourself at least twice: here and here. This thread is about the society's current interpretation of "generation", which should include a discussion of information that is still in print and distributed on WT Lib CDs. Pulling a discussion about Pluto out of thin air is totally off-topic, and perhaps schizophrenic.

I realize that you're not comfortable with being shown the folly of your ways, and you get upset and start telling everyone that they're off-topic and "crazy" simply because you can't refute their reasoning. As is your custom, I suggest that you withdraw from this thread just like you ran scared from the thread two weeks ago when you couldn't come up with a single scripture to support your opinions.

• Azazel
    Azazel

djeggnogg i cant understand a god damned word you say! i dont even try reading your posts as its almost impossible to diferenciate between your quoting and your actual replies. I hope your not counting the time you spend here? that would be naughty.

Az

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@djeggnog wrote:

You are entitled to believe @BillyEB to be anything but a troll, but this is what I have determined to be true about the man. Should I feel a need to ask for the advice of someone that has since 2006 shown a complete disloyalty to God's organization in rejecting both Jehovah's sovereignty and Jesus' lordship, you will be the one I will tap. Being that I am an adult that is presently in full control of my mental faculties and know a troll when I see one, I don't need your help in determining when someone posts off-topic messages for the purpose of derailing a thread.

@ScenicViewer wrote:

Not at all; I have neither rejected....

Note that I said "should I feel a need to ask for the advice of someone...."

@djeggnog wrote:

You may have been a born-in and you may have been in association with Jehovah's Witnesses for over 40 years, but you only think you know Jehovah's Witnesses, for you think all Jehovah's Witnesses are exactly the same and should behave in exactly the same way. Some Jehovah's Witnesses, for example, are more intelligent than are others and some handle the information that they are given differently than would those with little or no education, because some things are hard for some to understand.

@ScenicViewer wrote:

No, I'm not born-in.... Yes, baptised in the early 1970s at the age of 20. I came in during the pre-1975 boom.

You may have been many things, but I don't care what you may have been. My point (you missed it; that's ok) is that you only think you know Jehovah's Witnesses; I'm telling you do not know enough about them.

@djeggnog wrote:

You remind me of those who will leave God's organization to go absolutely nowhere because of having a weak conscience that permitted them to accept a blood transfusion, who fearing death were in bondage and they gave in although not really wanting to do so (Hebrews 2:15) or who would shun their own family members because of the conscience of one or more of the elders in their local congregation, who are not masters over anyone's faith (2 Corinthians 1:24) advise them to do so, or because one or more of the more influential in the congregation, who are utterly devoid of a Bible-trained conscience that can distinguish between right and wrong should strongly suggest, based on something they read in one of our magazines or heard someone say, that you should violate your own Bible trained conscience that informs you is unloving to be shunning members of one's own family just because someone else's conscience thinks doing this to be the right thing for you to be doing.

@ScenicViewer wrote:

Again, not at all. You didn't exactly say I had accepted a blood transfusion....

Quoted above is what you read, and I suppose it's my fault because I should have explained to you that "[s]ome Jehovah's Witnesses are more intelligent than are others and some handle the information that they are given differently than would those with little or no education, because some things are hard for some to understand. assumed." Actually I did say these very words.

Perhaps had you understood what these words meant, you would have realized that I wasn't talking about you personally, but I'll just say -- briefly this time -- that "[y]ou remind me" of the kind of person that leaves God's organization because he or she had allowed others to tell him what him or her what he or she should and should not do based on what someone else's conscience thought to be "right" and "wrong," and not because you had a Bible-trained conscience yourself. I don't care if you see eye-to-eye with me or other Jehovah's Witnesses as to the sacredness of blood; what counts is whether we know what we ought to do, or not do, and decide to do what we should not have done or decide to not do what we should have done.

@ScenicViewer wrote:

If you are to be taken seriously, why do you make these childish remarks? They are completely off base and suggest you have no better response to a well reasoned post than to fire back with name calling and insults....

I really think you owe Billy an apology, not that I expect you go give him one.

@djeggnog wrote:

I may not come off to you as being "a sincere JW," but besides being judgmental, who are you? I mean, you're not @Simon, you're not a mod, you don't run JWN, so who are you to me that I should listen to you? Are you the Pharaoh?

@ScenicViewer wrote:

No, but I left a religion that acts like Pharaoh.

My tongue was planted firmly in my cheek (hopefully you caught that). I will say this though: True religion is about serving God, and we do this by obeying him. What Jehovah wants is for all mankind to learn how to obey man's rules, how to learn how we ought to conduct ourselves and how to demonstrate love to our neighbors, and how to respect duly constituted authority, but not at the expense of violating our Bible-trained conscience. My side point, btw, was that if I recognized you as having authority over me, I would calling you, "Dad." Perhaps you will recall writing the following when you joined this thread:

I wish they could all see their past history without the organizational spin.

I conclude when former Jehovah's Witnesses make such a statement that they are not the kind of people that respect sacred things, that respect God's arrangement, that respect the duly constituted authority of Jehovah. Once you decided to leave God's organization, your attitude resembled that of the Pharaoh, who said: "Who is Jehovah, so that I should obey his voice to send Israel away? I do not know Jehovah at all...." (Exodus 5:2) You don't know Jehovah at all.

@Vidqun:

Ok.

@djeggnog

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

@djegg I think you now understand the frustration of many of the Witnesses on this subject, and how badly it was presented to us. I

wish the emphasis would be placed on "love and fine conduct, charity and acts of compassion", instead we are heading down the road of Bible

speculation, genealogies, man made philosophies, "which do not upbuild but tear down". You being a Bible scholar know that Jesus Christ message

was not to to pretend we know all the Bible prophecies (example Revelation book, with unprovable interpretations) but to reflect on the "more

weighty matters" of Obedience, Love, Forgiveness, Empathy, Compassion. A grassroots movement of trying to reconnect with the Master's

ideals appears to be the only way to combat, the rigid, dogmatic and spiritual starvation (people are losing interest in the Bible) by play acting,

instead of "Intentionally Living For Jehovah and Jesus Christ." Thank you again for taking your time to respond to the many posts. Peace!

• cantleave
    cantleave

EGGNOG -YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A FUCKING IDIOT!

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Guys; can we agree on this at least...

1) Flee from Saul = God's anointed David had to live as a fugitive in the wilderness,

while an apostate controlled the Israelite religion.

2) Prophets flee to the wilderness = GOD's true worshipers.

3) Flee to the mountains = Jesus brothers with the gifts of the holy spirit.

4) Flee from Babylon the great = Christendom, all religions and WT publishing corporation.

Hence; an interpretation of "generation" by the WT is devoid of credibility.

Which means our safety isn't in the wooded and growing estates of WT's Paterson Bldgs.

Outside the big city of Babylon(all religion) is the wilderness, that's where we flee to; not WT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit