Today's Watchtower

by tornapart 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Here is what active dubs thought of it (stole this from friends FB page puke alert:)

K-Great WT study today--I love the historical stuff.

Although I'm afraid I put a few folks to sleep with one of my longwinded comments. ;-)
    5 hours ago ·
    4 people like this.

I remember yours & your parents comments!
    5 hours ago

Did we cure your insomnia?
    5 hours ago

Ahahaha. I loved how knowledgable you are & how you shared the wealth w/ us who hate history. ;-)
    5 hours ago

I appreciate that. I get a lot out of the other friend's comments.
    4 hours ago

BTW, if anyone is interested, Richard Rubenstein's book (which was cited in paragraph 12 of today's Watchtower lesson) is titled "When Jesus Became God." It's a fascinating history of the rancorous debates and infighting amongst the nominal Christians during the 2-4th centuries, culminating in the Council of Nicea in 325 C.E.

Reading books on this and other similar subjects related to the history of Christendom reveals just how political and violent the history of false religion truly is. It's just amazing that anyone could think that such a history is actually representative of true Christianity.

http://www.amazon.com/When-Jesus-Became-God-Christianity/dp/0156013150/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1330896360&sr=1-1

When Jesus Became God: The Struggle to Define Christianity during the Last Days of Rome
    www.amazon.com
    A thoroughly researched and vivid re-creation of one of the most critical period...
    See More
    4 hours ago · 1

A lot of friends fail to realize how many men of the world he uses to accomplish his ministry!
    4 hours ago · 2

***FROSTY INSERT this bitch here is a real piece of work.***

BS!!! YES, this information was so wonderful to explain in simple terms just how Satan maneuvered and manipulated to take control through false teachings. There were dear brave hearted ones who must have had so much persecution, just as it has been on all who stand up for TRUTH. I LOVED our lesson and every time we get one like this one, it just lifts me off my seat and my heart soars because it shows restraint on the part of Jehovah to really set matters straight. He is patient so that more can see just what Christendom is doing so they can run out of there. It won't be long, as he has Satan, the demons, and wicked individuals who lie, deceive, and spread false teaching, a day of reckoning coming. Lots of good history and Jehovah has preserved this for the benefit of all honest-hearted truth seeking ones! It is such a blessing and an honor to have Jehovah's Name on US.
    4 hours ago

‎30 seconds or less K:))-
    about an hour ago

WT study went right over my head...I like the modern day studies, like the 2012 yearbook...wonderful read!!!
    about an hour ago

that's only for the Bible reading comments. ;-)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Lots of good history" ???? You won't see any of that in a WT, I doubt if any of the ones who were the "heretics" in the early centuries of the Church would agree with more than 1% of what the WT teaches today. It is never History in the WT, merely propaganda.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Reading books on this and other similar subjects related to the history of Christendom reveals just how political and violent the history of false religion truly is. It's just amazing that anyone could think that such a history is actually representative of true Christianity.

Is being an NGO involved in the UN's OSCE conference political? At least they're not violent.

The point I enjoyed and will be highlighting to my wife is that all these "lovers of bible truth" who were excommunicated ( and often exexcuted) by the church would be disfellowshipped for apostasy if they were JWs today.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I also noted how they downplayed any wrangling over the circumcision issue... they portray it as a peacfully achieved consensus; yet Act 15:7 clearly mentions disputes taking place. Also, I wonder why Luther and Erasmus failed to make their list of honorables. Still, all in all, it was a welcome respite from the anti-education, hate-your-dfd relatives, do more, do more, enjoy-life-less drumbeat.

One modern parallel to the "peacefully acheived consensus" fiction.... Knorr stating that the transition to a Governing Body would take place "over my dead body," and Freddy's publicized debunking of the first-century GB concept in his remarks at the 1975 Gilead graduation... (tapes of that talk widely available).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about the rules that make you believe the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, even if you can prove a doctrine wrong using their own Bible. You are supposed to abide by, and teach, the bad doctrine until the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger itself fixes it (or makes a bigger mess).

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

The entire study venerated an ideal that, by wash-towel standards, we aren’t supposed to follow.

The unfortunate thing is most witlesses won’t see the self-condemnation.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Wife: That's because they were exposing the false teachings using the Bible. Jehovah's Witnesses use the Bible.
    Me: But it isn't okay to question what they are teaching even though they teach things that are wrong otherwise they wouldn't keep changing things.
    Wife: But our teachings are all based on the Bible. ..." Wanna Be Free

I'm sure that others have made this suggestion before, but....

Would it be possible for you to start a weekly BIBLE study with your wife? Using ONLY the bible????

According to some of the websites and studies that I've read, that is the most effective way to get a person to exit the Jehovah's Witnesses - and you can use THEIR bible, too...

Zid

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

^^^^^ this is not a bad idea, although I think my wife knows better than to want a "family study". She already knows I could completely disassemble her faith and would rather live in ignorance. . .

She still hasn't looked up deBruys. . . .

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Would it be possible for you to start a weekly BIBLE study with your wife? Using ONLY the bible????

I have suggested this, her answer was "no" ... I am sure it is because she already knows where I stand. She agrees wholeheartedly with the Organization that the Bible can only be properly understood through the teachings of the "faithful and discreet slave" class. She is willing to study using Society publications ... specifically she suggested The Watchtower and the Family Happiness book. We will read the Bible together at times, but if we read something that doesn't jive, Watchtower publications are found by her for the proper understanding.

• Ken O
    Ken O

You know, I recall a quote some years back, Nobody ever became a Jehovah's Witness by just reading the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit