Breaking the law under the guise of religion / getting away with slavery

by wasblind 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

No one wants to acknowlege that they are a part of such an institution

as long as you remain a JW you are

you refuse to see whats there because you can't face the fact that it's the same thing

that cause the same harm

your the type that thinks pain don't go beyond the physical, you think no one has been literally whipped

there's no harm

Bein' physically forced from contact wit family, causes mental distress

and all because they want to force you to serve the organization

Many go back for family, which then becomes forced servitude , slavery

• Sulla
    Sulla

Please. JW-ism causes the same harm as chattel slavery? Are you listening to yourself?

you['re] the type that thinks pain don't go beyond the physical, you think no one has been literally whipped

there's no harm

Uh, well, no. I actually don't think that. I am simply saying there is no valid comparison between the harm that happens if I beat you to a pulp and the harm that happens if you join the JWs. Not really that hard to grasp, I'd suggest.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

There are different forms of slavery. Enslaving somebody’s mind is definitely slavery. It doesn’t need to be religion, it can be politically or ideologically, as in 1984, or in any totalitarian regime, through stern social and media control.

The WT does enslave people mentally, otherwise they would have no followers.

• wasblind
    wasblind

If you beat me up, that's would result in physical pain

the harm that happen if I join the WTS only result in Mental pain like PTSD ,depression etc.

is that what your sayin', I'm askin' to get a firm understandin'

Are you sayin' one is not as bad as

the other because it's not physical ?

I'm askin' to see if I'm readin' your post correctly

I agree Apostatethunder

but the WTS use both methods

they physicaly separated by shunning

which cause mental anguish

• wasblind
    wasblind

" There are two ways to enslave people and make sure they remain in that position. One is to physically restrain them through force, The other is to influence them mentally, to control their minds to the point where they accept that their best interests are served by following their masters bidding. Slaveholders in the south used both methods to keep thier slaves in line."________Picturing a People : A HISTORY OF AFRICAN AMERICANS FROM 1619-1900 Chapter three page 45 paragraph four

Sully the Slave masters used both physical and mental on the slaves , The WTS is no different

again, the WTS physically shun non-believers to control the minds of the remaining sheep

if you don't believe me feel free to order this book on line, it's written by a University professor

who teach African American history

You have not proven you case sulla, all you say is there is no comparison, prove it

your on a world stage girl, here's your chance to clear the WTS

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wait a hot sec...I thought Sulla was a guy. Am I wrong?

• Sulla
    Sulla

Sulla is a guy, mrsjones. My use of the Picasso painting as an avatar tends to throw people off, it seems. Totally unfair, of course, since Duderino [sp?] has an actual pair of breasts as his avatar and nobody seems to think he is a chick. It is possible I'm being too subtle? That would be a first.

Sully the Slave masters used both physical and mental on the slaves , The WTS is no different

Except for the physical part. And except that you can always simply decide not to be a JW, an option not widely available to slaves. And except that JWs could simply decide not to shun their disfellowshipped family members, also an option not generally available to slaves whose family members were literally sold elsewhere.

Perhaps you enjoy identifying the JW experience with the genuine horror of slavery. Perhaps that gives your experience some sort of added importance or the fact that you left the JWs some additional nobility. Don't know.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Let me put it to you this way one more time, just because somethin' is made illegal

does not mean it doesn't exist anymore

When the Jim Crow laws were done away wit, " PRIVATE" or " MEMBERS ONLY " signs went up

The WTS may have started out wit good intent, but it has morphed into a money makin' conglomerate

The WTS is a publishing Co. that needed free labor , and a tax haven, Religion provided that

The sheep don't get paid for their labor, they Pay the Publishin' Co. through donations

and trusts left by the dead sheep ( who would not die, remember that one ? )

Don't get me wrong, I still have a belief in Jesus, not organized religion it's a sham

And you still haven't answered my question, what makes mental abuse by the WTS,

less harmful than physical abuse By the hand of the southern slave master ?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Perhaps you enjoy identifying the JW experience with the genuine horror of slavery." Bazinga

"Perhaps that gives your experience some sort of added importance or the fact that you left the JWs some additional nobility." Bazinga

"Don't know." Nah, your none too subtle bazingas leads me to believe that you think you do know. Is the comparasion that uncomtable to you? Do you still think the WT/GB are really that holy and pure? Do you really think they need defending? Wow, you're either so deep into you can't see the forest for the trees or you really don't care about the suffering the WT causes. Could be one or the other or both. Don't know.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Josie **

Your right about that, he can't see for lookin'

I do believe the WTS is pure, can't you smell it ???

watch out, it'll make you eyes water

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit