Breaking the law under the guise of religion / getting away with slavery

by wasblind 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

In the past I've compared the WTS to slavery, but this book validates what I've come to know about this Organization.

'Cuz slavery ain't sweet, no matter how faithful and discreet

Jesus states: "....The truth will set you free." ( John 8:32 )

"I am ......The truth......" ( John 14:6 )

" I no longer call you slaves ......" ( John 15:15 )

PICTURING A PEOPLE : A history of African Americans from 1619-1900, By Naurice Frank Woods Jr.

In describing the life of slaves in the Antebellum south, this book gives a detailed description of how the WTS is run today. Using pages straight from the ole southern slave owners playbook. ( And thier own twisted reasoning from the Bible )

Chapter One

Reveals at the heart of this business of slavery was the belief that Africans benefited from slavery and that it was an institution ordained by God ( God"s spirit directed "institution").

One of the major rationalizations portrayed Africans so inferior, that they seemed incapable of determining their own destinies. ( Directing their own steps)

And how slave owners convinced themselves that they were doing " God's work" in the enslavement of these people.

Chapter Two

Tells of the middle passage, into slavery ( The bible study ), and like the WTS forever cutting the slaves off from all they have ever known, thier own religion, family and community.

Chapter three

Describes life on the plantation comprised of the big house ( Brooklyn bethel ) and it's support structures ( Branch offices, Assembly halls and Kingdom halls ) and that life for the house slaves ( Bethelites) and field slaves ( publishers ) was marked by and endless cycle of repetitive duties.

Slave labor was organized into the " Gang System " which was suited where the workers had to be supervised and regimented ( Meetings for field service )

The " Task System " was used for jobs that had to be completed within a designated period of time ( Building commitee )

Plantation gangs usually labored under strict supervision from the owner ( Brooklyn bethel ) an Overeseer ( CO's and DO's ) or a driver ( Elder ).

Music played an important role in the lives of the slaves, but they were not allowed to play the drums ( Internet ) for fear of communicating with others.

Even though slaves were not permitted education, they were allowed to attend church, not to save their souls, but to make them trustworthy and obedient through a propagandized interpretation of God's word.

Black code or Black laws ( Shepherd the flock and Organized to do Jehovah's will books ) were statutes to govern and regulate the behavior of the slaves, it was extremely difficult to be aware of all the codes that governed thier lives, so it was better to remain submissive and cowering

The slave owners used to two methods of enslavement 1) Physical and 2) Mentally, but the best form of control was the threat of separating families.

Many slaves suffered from depression, they were given alcohol to make them appear robust and at times dressed them in descent or even fine clothing in an attempt to leave a stunning mark on the buyer ( The unsuspecting public and householder )

There were many stereotypes about the slaves, but the biggest of all was that they were the happiest people on earth because of thier bondage in slavery.

And for those who think that I have made to much of a common corporate practice used also by secular corporate organizations, the WTS begs to differ

They state:

" Throughout the world, there are thousands of national and international organizations.....But there is one organization that is outstandingly different from the rest,.....that organization is none other than Jehovah's witnesses"_______Organized to do jehovah's will book page 5

That's right Unlike secular organizations the WTS

1) Require mandatory hours in unpaid labor

2) discourages higher education

3) separate families

4) cause pain and sufferin'

All the markings of slavery, a practice still used by the WTS under the guise of religion

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Field Service

http://www.artchive.com/web_gallery/reproductions//193001-193500/193179/size1.jpg

Overseer

http://www.sjsapush.com/resources/slavery.gif

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well I always looked at Bethel and the factories, if not as slavery in the traditional sense, something that was pretty close to it. The factory as modern as the presses were had a 19th century labor mentality. The wages were definitely slave wages. And the WTBTS definitely had a peculiar way of managing their human resources. Health issues also troubled me when I went through the bethel experiences (factory jobs) on freeminds.com, a surprising amount of early cancer among the labor force. I unstand that the WT was very unconcerned about the inks and ventilation.

On the other hand since you brought up Jesus........... I have to say I never understood why he did not speak out against slavery. One of the most sick practices mankind ever invented was and is slavery and Jesus as well as Paul or any others couldn't be bothered to condemn it. What a missed opportunity to discourage that practice over the next 2,000 years.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I knew you would come through for me Outlaw, you are SURGICAL wit, de pics

We know how to keep it real

Hello there giordano :)

Though we are in a different time , with updated factory to produce more, it is slavery in every sense,

if it were not for claiming to be a religious entity they would be breakin' some major laws like

1) Hours worked and wages

2) child labor laws

and anything else you can add

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Slavery indeed, the WTBT$ have guidelines all the way down to the minutest member (what says you're in, out or active); if you don't like it you're scourged and disciplined (marked, disfellowsipped and/or shunned).

So what else would you call forced servitude?

According to wash-towel, friendship!

• ziddina
    ziddina

WasBlind, I was nodding in agreement with you just by reading the title of your thread....

Ooooh yeah!! Just read your OP!!!

You NAILED it!!!

This thread ought to become a CLASSIC!!!

Zid

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello syl,

just read a comment of yours on another thread about our ancestors

yes, the WTS is modeled after the institution that have been outlawed

but is now legally disquised as a religion

• DJPoetech
    DJPoetech

Very good wasblind!

Due to the nature of slavery, slaves were cattle and could easily lose their life for stepping out of line. Thus it is with most Witnesses. Their own lives are in jepardy if they question the leadership.

See this is why I come here. Its like oil for the ole brain gears!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you DJPoetech,

unlike the Southern Slave masters, the WTS is an Equal opportunistic ( if there's such a word ) Employer

Black or White

tall and small, he'll take 'em all

Blind, cripple and crazed

the Devil ain't choosey 'bout who he enslaves

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Slavery still exist today, and those who approve of it should try their own medicine.

Jesus did condemned slavery, he said love your neighbour as yourself. Unless you would like to be a slave yourself, you shouldn’t own any.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit