The Catcher in the Rye- do you like it or not?

by Chemical Emotions 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I love it. :) I'm a big Holden fan.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I've read it three times - it is a very significant book from which one can glean more with each reading.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I read it when I was 12 and I remember thoroughly enjoying it.

Now I have no idea what it was about. I would like to read it again.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I liked it and have reread it. It is not one of my favorite books. Of course, when I first read it, I was HOlden's age. It is a tainted for me b/c of John Lennon's murder. Of course, Manson used Helter Skelter to justify slaughtering several people. I realize it is a classic.

I read voraciously. In my quest for new material, I am reading the young adult classics in my public library's collection. Reading Call of the Wild lately, I realized such deep layers that eluded me in high school. Death Be Not Proud was a teen classic that affected me.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I never got past page one.... it's still on the bookshelf... I've got no idea what it's about....

• finally awake
    finally awake

I read it a long time ago, but I don't remember much about it.

• oompa
    oompa

i loved it in hs...one of my faves.....oompa

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I read it 30 year ago when I was junior in high school, it was assigned reading in an English class From what I remember it was ok. I think if I had been impressed with I would have read it again. I've read the LOTR trilogy three times since first reading The Hobbit in high school.

• talesin
    talesin

I love the book,,, I think Holden Caulfield is a bit selfish in his angst -- but that's teenagers,,, meh!

t

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah, brats the lot of them. Wait second...I used to be a teen!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit