striking similarity to JW

by inbetween 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The reasoning on the scriptures that this mob do is just as spurious and crap as the WT/JW stuff. It doesn't mean they are ripping off eachothers ideas necessarily, although the WT are ,as Steve says, following Russells example and stealing ideas quite often.

It was asurprise to me when I investigated various sects some time ago how close Garner Ted's lot and the various schisms are, but it is no surprise, they come out of the same nursery, so picked up similar fairy stories, and never learned how to think, let alone how to read the Bible and reason on what it says.

• blondie
    blondie

There was at least one schism from the WWCOG. The original was renamed the Living Church of God, Rod Meredith, has a tv show too.

http://www.lcg.org/

It's not much different when the Second Advents changed to the 7th Day Adventists when major beliefs changed.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The Church of God was the major start of my awakening to JW's.

I met a COG'er in the ministry, we had some good conversations, but before he would go any further he wanted me to check out cogwriter.com ... this started my research for a return visit to help him learn the truth, which resulted in my finding the video referred to earlier in the thread, which began the loosening of Watchtower knots in my head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit