bethelandcitytours.com

They also put up a video on you tube on Feb 12, 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsBMPTrQaWQ&feature=player_embedded

And a Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/Bethel.And.City.Tours.1

What are your thoughts?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I think it is okay with Bethel. I do not think they will say anything negative about those websites at all.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I don't know... But I LOVE that music.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@misguided:

Seriously, I wonder if this site is org approved: bethelandcitytours.com

Let me see ...

You are wondering if a certain website is approved to do what? To conduct its own business affairs? And when you say "approved," you were asking whether this business enterprise was approved to conduct its business by whom? By Bethel? By the WTS?

No man, no organization, is the master of anyone's faith, is responsible for making the decisions that we all individually must make for ourselves, and so I have to admit to being more than a little bit curious as to what it was that prompted you to start this particular thread.

@djeggnog

• cedars
    cedars

Some of the photos in the video are REALLY boring, and the slideshow itself is overly indulgent - homing in on insignificant details. "Quick Jane, take a picture of that signpost that says "Columbia Heights! That's just gotta go on our slideshow!"

These photos could only have been taken and/or edited by someone who truly worships the organization rather than the God it supposedy represents. I can easily imagine there being a market out there for starry-eyed pilgrims to be chauffeured around the three bethel sites in New York, whether it's approved by the Society or not. Besides, what do they care? So long as you show up in reception having heeded their instructions on dress and grooming, their doors are open to you.

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It seems the organization tolerates some businesses that survive on Witness patronage, such as these bethel tours and Stoops. And Jah Jireh care homes in the UK - is that still going? Golden Age Books was somewhat less well tolerated it seems.

When the headquarters move out of New York city I can't imagine these bethel tours will be half as popular as they are now, if they still run them at all.

Does anyone know, does the organization plan to keep some properties in the city or are they getting rid of the lot?

And does anyone know roughly how long does it take to get from the city to Patterson by car?

• cantleave
    cantleave

It the WTBT$ can make money from it, they will give tacit support.

Eggnog - Have I ever told you you're an idiot?

• cedars
    cedars
    And does anyone know roughly how long does it take to get from the city to Patterson by car?

From memory, it takes a good couple of hours, depending on traffic. New York State is a bloody big place!!

Cedars

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

Here are my time estemates:

patterson to NYC - 2 hours

NYC to Wallkill - Maybe 2.5 hours

Walkill to Patterson - over a hour

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

I dont know about you, but i would definately hire thier landscapers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit