Seriously, I wonder if this site is org approved: bethelandcitytours.com

by misguided 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Diest
    Diest

Once they are out of the city and just have compounds in small upstate locations it will really add to the culty feel they are going for. Its not as creepy to have your cult in a city, but once you move out to the sticks it is way more fun.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Those pictures were so stark---but then WT is stark, but seriously, a pic of a pile of boxes? Also, I was thinking that pic of a box of bible may have come from WT literature and not from someone on a tour. It just looked like a different quality pic.

Anyway---hated it. Brings back too many memories.

NC

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

The Clarinetist,

The music is by Andre Rieu, Shostakovich' Second Waltz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX1fiE0U1qA

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I went to visit a friend on the east coast and she suggested we drive up to New York to tour the facilities; this was about 12 years ago. I live in the middle of nowhere, so driving long trips is the norm, but that drive was insufferable and sooooo incredibly boring; the only reason I agreed to go was because most everything was still in the city and I really wanted to go to New York. (Since this wasn't part of a wash-towel sanctioned tour we spent very little time touring their facilities and more time having a blast in the city.)

If you’re thinking about going, DON’T!, unless your idea of fun is being shuttled, shuffled and herded around to office buildings, commercial printers, large dining rooms and housing projects.

If this is your cup of tea don’t buy their travel and accommodations packages, they make you think it’s a deal but they’re ripping you off and their schedule makes sure you don’t have time for anything else fun; you know cause New York is nothing to see anyway.

Save your money for a REAL vacation, one that will actually be enjoyable, fun and relaxing.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Traditionally, the WTS has run these types of Bethel tours and international conventions through a separate travel company, at least in Canada. For Canada, this company was Exotic (Exotik?) Tours based out of Montreal. This was the only company authorized at the time to provide international convention trips. I can't remember which company provided the Bethel tours, but it certainly wasn't these guys, as it was so long ago that I visited.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Lol... "things you forget to pack when going on a trip?"

Post : Hazmat suit ! (plus link to WT farms toxic waste dumping)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It may be condoned. I doubt it is approved. If there were express approval, the company would use the WT logo and clearly state it was approved.

This reminds me of the JW board game that was discussed months ago.

I'd love to know the business relationships. Are any JWs going to note the absence of an express statement. This is funny. When I was in preschool and early school, we always were at Yankee Stadium. My photo was in the NY papers. The Daily News or something that looked like the Daily News were dumped at the convention. I really thought that every media org in the world stopped their normal coverage to cover Brother Knorr. I had no clue specialty papers existed. Wow, I felt so cosmpolitan. Nathan Knorr went from nobody to being an equal of the President and Pope.

Kids fall for the silliest things. I still have a press clipping of my two year old brother and I entering the turnstiles at the stadium. We were very photogenic. I was all girl and he was all boy.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i think the video would be funny with some dancing clowns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit