New to the forums.

by ViridianSoul 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome. I'm glad you didn't waste any more of your life with the WTBS...and I'm glad to see you've been able to move on. This site is a great place to interact and learn plenty.

Loz x

• palmtree67
  • Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome.... I'm glad you got out .. this is great place for a number of things ... just don't get addicted to it it like I am... LOL.. it's a lot of fun and a great place for information..

Welcome .. and cheers!!

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Welcome: Glad to have you aboard.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Welcome! Believe what you wish, no judgement here.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Welcome. There is a composite wealth of knowledge and intellect on this forum

And a few crazy people

• its_me!
    its_me!

Welcome Viridian Soul! I posted on the thread that Mrs. Jones is talking about to welcome you and tell you how much I appreciated you sharing your past experience. But I wanted to put it here on the proper thread as well! I am so glad you are here, and like Mrs. J said, you will fit in just fine!

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Welcome to the forum.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome! I was out for over 40 years and then stumbled on to this site and marveled at the number of people who have left the JW life and also how much was still the same only in some respects worse now then in the 1960's when my wife and I left . We were in our early 20's. Best decision we ever made. I explored my wild side for a while....... I took up smokeing a pipe LOL. Gave it up the day I dropped it in my lap. Thats as wild as it get's. Oh.......... being a witness drove me to drink and come to think of it I never thanked them!

We actually got to enjoy our lives, our son and grandkids without wasting time on that dumb religion. I'm in the non beliver's camp but I'm not a believer in non believeing. So its my choice but not something I need to push.

You'll meet other people here who have simply designed their own religion.......which I think is really neat.

If it works for them that's great!

• dog is god
    dog is god

Welcome!!!! I was literally in for 36 years and started pulling roots out ever since and they no longer have any power in my brain (although sometimes ideas pop up that came from the borg). Sounds like you are having a great life and that is wonderful. I've been going to the Universal Unitarian church (I'm still uncomfortable saying "church". How did you like your experience with them? I recently had lunch with a couple who previously had been a priest and nun for 40 yrs in the Catholic church. It was really interesting to see the similarities emotionally they went thru like I did in escaping the borg. They are really neet people. They pointed out to me that they had it a little easier because they had each other. They both got degrees in social work and were able to make a decent living.. They also survived their son's suicide. I spoke of mydificulities in going thru my mother's death and my two brother's death in a short time and being unable to go thru their things. They are both lay ministers. Any way. I like the social justice ideals of this group and the fact that they are outrageously inclusive. So anyway, welcome. It is a pleasure to know you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit