Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Viviane
    Viviane
    In the context Cofty’s writing, is does. He referenced attributes of the animal and all attributes have a specific purpose

So, you are now telling me what Cofty meant? Also, since you've studied so much science (I know because you've told me!) you should know by now that using a laymans definition is a science discussion leads to much confusion. I'm sorry, but... you don't get to speak for Cofty nor decide that a valid use of a word isn't.

That depends on which evolutionary theory we are discussing, but let me rephrase. The deeper I study the biology of the human body, it becomes relatively clear that it is engineered and designed and has not evolved from nonadaptive causes, mutation or genetic drift (i.e. by chance).

No, it doesn't and if you think the human body was designed, it simply means God is a sh*tty designer.

The complexity and purpose of stem cell generation is pure genius. It is simply biological coding, the structure of the cell can be modified by giving it a new set of instructions (DNA/RNA).

So, if you're going to tell me life must have a designer, you probably shouldn't begin by telling me how complex it is and really simple. You're assuming purpose and complexity and then claiming it to be simple. You don't get both.

Although, I do not deny the evidence of evolutionary factors on many organisms, the fact remains that there is no empirical evidence to support evolution jumping species. In other words, a fish is fish, a mammal is a mammal and humans did not evolve from some aquatic species

That is blatantly untrue. This tells me that, without a doubt, you did not study evolution in depth as you claimed to.

That is why I started by saying, “we can probably argue this till the cows come home.” However my point is that it is plausible, and actually more reasonable to theorize that if the universe came into existence as the Big Bang, it did so by the initiation of the creator as opposed to just happening. Nothing “just happens” which is why we have science, to study and provide answers to the “why”.

No... that's what "no evidence" means. You have no argument, you no facts. You have a belief, which you can say you believe, awesome, but there is no objectively verifiable arguments, no evidence you can introduce. You're pretending something is more reasonable by way of "I believe this thing" rather than evidence and facts.

Basically, you're entire argument is one from personal incredulity.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    That might be a simple calculation but without you defining anything it's pretty meaningless.

I recognized it immediately, Caedes. It's the most basic form of the slope-intercept equation for line equations. son just recently worked on that in school and I helped him with it, hence I've seen it a lot recently. Not sure what it's doing in this thread, however.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

6. Evolution cannot explain how life first appeared on earth.

Perhaps not entirely, but is it a better explanation to say that an imaginary man in the sky with a white beard waved a magic wand and made it happen?

Have we not learned anything about history? 500 years ago, people were torturing mentally challenged people because they thought the devil caused it and they were trying to expel the demons from that person.

You are the modern day version of those torturers. Since you don't understand it, you just "chalk" it up to the supernatural. Still, in a few centuries from now, after you and I are gone, folks will be laughing at people like you and the silly things they believed.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Seems to me that this topic has evolved into a discussion about evolution vs creation. Off topic then, does anyone know with certainty that "evolution" is how life developed?
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Off topic then, does anyone know with certainty that "evolution" is how life developed?

Yes. Next question.

• cofty
    cofty
    does anyone know with certainty that "evolution" is how life developed?

Yes x2

As certain as the fact that the sun does not revolve around a flat earth.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

2Showing that a creator god 1is evil doesn't prove that it doesn't exist, it shows that your position is not internally logical if you are claiming that a creator god is omnibenevolent.

1That God is evil has not been established. This thread is about God allowing evil(animal suffering). Concluding that God is evil because he allows it is a big jump caedes. 2But you agree that judging God does not affect his existence.

it shows that your position is not internally logical if you are claiming that a creator god is omnibenevolent.

Animal suffering is a fact. But that does not prove that God is bad. A "proper foundation" has not been established as to what is good and bad either. You have your opinion BUT you are not running the USA.

However, this has nothing to do with evolution.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

the fact that the sun does not revolve around a flat earth.

That is a fact that can be measured by all. It is indisputable.

Is everyone able to do the same thing with evolution? or is it a conclusion derived from facts and interpretation of facts?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Animal suffering is a fact. But that does not prove that God is bad. A "proper foundation" has not been established as to what is good and bad either. You have your opinion BUT you are not running the USA

If you are claiming God is a creator and perfect love and and all omni, knowing a powerful, it creates a situation were all of those thing cannot be true. That is not an opinion unless you define live in some as yet unknown way (such as it is loving to allow 250K deaths). That is not an opinion. Whether or not anyone is running the USA has nothing to do with anyone.

Is everyone able to do the same thing with evolution? or is it a conclusion derived from facts and interpretation of facts?

It a measurable and demonstrable fact, as much as as the earth not being flat. Next question.

• cofty
    cofty
    You have your opinion BUT you are not running the USA

This is an example of why America gets a reputation for arrogance with the rest of the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit