Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• defender of truth
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

"The dog, a female mixed-breed that rescuers named Star was discovered in Malta by police who heard faint whimpers coming from nearby brush.
    Star was found buried alive and bleeding, with her nose and mouth tied with rope and bullet wounds in her head."
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/249165/Worst-animal-cruelty-case-ever-Dog-shot-40-times-with-pellet-gun-and-buried-alive

"THUGS cooked a cat in a microwave, stuck it in a tumble drier, put it in a freezer and then tried to drown it in a bowl of dishwater - and it survived."
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/worst-ever-animal-cruelty-case-1062180

" A cat has had to be put to sleep after it was savagely attacked by a “Staffie-type” dog in its own garden.
    Patricia Tasker, 68, was in bed when she heard an awful shrieking noise coming from her back garden in Chestnut Way, Mepal.
    She rushed outside to find one of her beloved cats, ginger tom Dudley, being 'shaken around like a rag doll' "
    “His injuries were horrific – all his ribs were crushed and he couldn’t breathe. He had to be put down the following afternoon.”
    http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/News/Pet-cat-dies-after-being-savagely-attacked-by-Staffie-type-dog-in-Mepal-20140805060000.htm

Screw-worm fly
    "An insect parasite of warm-blooded animals. The fly has red eyes and a shiny blue-green body and looks similar to Australian blowflies. Flies lay eggs on the edge of open wounds from scratches, injury, branding, dehorning or castration. Larvae hatch and feed on the underlying flesh causing extensive tissue damage. Left untreated, animals can die from infection and loss of tissue fluid. Its known for the larvae to eat their host from the inside out"
    http://listverse.com/2010/01/13/top-10-most-horrific-parasite-infections/

'Does God Care About Animals?'
    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102011444

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Any further thoughts on this subject?

Can YOU LURKERS explain why it is just, loving and merciful for YOUR God to allow animals to be subjected to the above examples of suffering?...
    Or, if you believe in the Bible, can you explain why God drowned all of those animals in the flood?
    Why were so many innocent creatures killed, when a few angels could have done the job much more efficiently and without needless collateral damage?

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"God's first killing is hard to beat. He killed everything. Here's how he described it:

The LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. Genesis 6.7

Behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. 6.17

Every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth. 7.4

All flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark. 7.21-23
    So the killing contest is over. God, in his very first killing, wins the prize. The guy who killed everything "on the face of the earth" is the world's top killer. He beats Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Ghengis Khan. All those guys. Maybe not in terms of the number killed, but certainly in percentage. You just can't beat 100%.
    Of course, God had his reasons. God always has his reasons."

"The whole earth was filled with violence, so God killed everything on earth. (At least he found a nonviolent solution to the problem.)
    Still, I don't quite get it. Did God drown the animals because they were too violent? Didn't he make them that way in the first place -- either at creation or after the fall of Adam?"

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/gods-killings-1-all-flesh-died-that.html

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Any other thoughts on why God allows these things to happen to animals?

...I won't pounce on you if you reply, in fact I won't even be replying again. Maybe I'm too aggressive, because of my intense feelings on the matter. Anyway, I'm done posting now.
    Anyone who believes in a God especially, please leave your message after the beep.
    BEEP....

• defender of truth
  • Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

The Quite One,

I venture a guess that you can go to JW.org and knock yourself out with the real reason according to JWs.

GOOOOOOOOOOO!

GC

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Gustv, why do you think that JW. Org has a correct answer for every question?
    The problem of natural evil isn't discussed on the website.
    What do you think on the subject?
    Or can you not give an opinion of your own?

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

I agree with the JW perspective on why God allows suffering and will continue to allow it until his set time to straighten things out.

What we feel/think about his methods/motives/whatever is of no consequence. He's the Almighty God.

Hope for the best is all we humans can do.

GC

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"What we feel/think about his methods/motives/whatever is of no consequence. He's the Almighty God."

That is only if He exists. And even if He did, why does such a person deserve to be worshipped?
    He'd be no more deserving of love or praise than any other dictator.
    If Jehovah God of the Bible exists, He is a mass murderer of animals. The biblical flood alone proves that.

Yet the Bible says that God is love?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit