i work with a JW and he doesnt know im an inactive

by user100 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• user100
    user100

And so what if he does?

Well we are in the same group and will be weird.. and if he tells on me then i will have to deal with the situation with the eldubs and get into a whole mess with the brainwashed wife.

• Clambake
    Clambake
    I worked with a guy for years who was a Jehovah Witness. He played the different

congregation game for a few years , attending different congregation game till they just assumed he was attending the other one till he faded.

When I met my wife and was having problems with nosey elders I tried to ask him about it. He was all , it is wonderful to be a JW, We are the truth, blah blah blah. Little did I know at the time he was just scared I was going to blow his cover. I guess the elders ruined his marriage years ago.

I have seen him around a few times on sunday morning with a suit on but he isn't in the hall. I think he found another church and no longer cares. He is an absolute prince of a man.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    The worst part for me of bumping into a unbeknownst fellow witness worker at an assembly is after he's heard you swearing and / or looking at girlie mags..
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

if he tells on me then i will have to deal with the situation with the eldubs and get into a whole mess with the brainwashed wife.

You absolutely do NOT have to deal with the elder.

The wife is another situation.

• skin
    skin

What are you doing at work that you are so worried about? That your wife will be upset about?

• user100
    user100

skin:

I am not too worried.. but if I am found to be a JW with a double-life by my co-worker jw and he tells on me... then im gonna have to deal with my beliefs and tell the kingdom to f-off... which will upset my family... thats all.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

I very much understand your situation. It's easy for others to say "what does it matter?". But having been through an almost identical situation myself I can very much relate to your concerns.

Most people here understand the consequences of being "outed" as a JW not "playing by the rules", rather than fading, so I'm surprised they don't seem to understand the stress that this situation can cause.

If you know his specific congregation that might help. Does he serve as elder/MS? If so you can keep an eye on your public talk schedule to make sure you miss if he's your visiting speaker.

• user100
    user100

flamegrilled: exactly.. you know what im talking about...

• steve2
    steve2

Just when it would be neat to get an answer from a Divine Being on this vexed issue, you tells us you're an athiest. Sorry mate, if the answer ain't borne on the fluffy white wings of angelic messengers, it ain't worth jack. If you're a man, man up, if you're a woman, darken the lip stick, if you transgendered, take those heels off and head to the hills. I hear spirituality is more readily ignited there. Best

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Flamegrilled: I'm surprised they don't seem to understand the stress that this situation can cause.

I don't know if you're referring to my comments, but I can assure you that I DO KNOW the stress that these situations cause. In fact, I know it all too well.

Things changed for me when I realized a couple of things:

• Most of the things I worried might happen, never did,
    • Even when some of them did happen, it rarely was as bad as I expected, and most importantly,
    • The elders only have as much power and authority over any of us as we give them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit