i work with a JW and he doesnt know im an inactive

by user100 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• user100
    user100
    so I started working at this place 4 years ago.. and i am usually myself a still-in inactive atheist JW at work. After several months I came to realize the guy I work with is a devout JW... Im always afraid of running into him in the conventions.. he is in a different circuit but Im afraid he might show up in one of the district conventions.. I am dreading that day...
  • hoser
    hoser
    Befriend him at work and catch him in some compromise and you will own him.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    What are you afraid will happen?
  • Clambake
    Clambake

I worked with a dub one time and told him with complete seriousness we have a vacant room in the back that can be used for spiritual proposes so if you ever need to worship those men in Brooklyn feel free.

He wasn’t impressed but I still keep playing stupid.

Oh, Sorry, I you guys were about seven magical men or something like that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

user100 - "...I am... a still-in inactive atheist JW..."

Whew; that can't be fun.

x

Word to the wise, buddy... all those inherent contradictions are gonna boil over eventually, and when they do, it ain't gonna be pretty.

• user100
    user100
    im just afraid he'll be shocked and then run to the eldubs and tell on me.. not that i have revealed my beliefs to anyone.. i swear a bit here and there.. and dont shave all the time.. i go to the holiday parties and eat cake... etc.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Homer - Mmmmmmmm cake!!! Arrrrrrrr
  • talesin
    talesin

So he is not aware that you are an inactive JW? That's fine .... carry on. If you run into him at an assembly, express shock "YOU are a JW? Wow, I didn't get that!" or whatever.

Stay safe! xoxo

tal :sunglasses:

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

User100: im just afraid he'll be shocked and then run to the eldubs and tell on me

And so what if he does?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I worked with a guy a year before I found out he was JW. He worked in another

building but would pass my area each day. After I found out he was a JW

I ask others about him. They said he was a nice guy but odd..I finally told him

I was a ex JW. He stopped walking pass my area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit