Fakeness of the Elders When CO Visits Video

by TOTH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

I just ran across this video and enjoyed it a lot. I hope you guys do too....

I can still remember the fake-ass elders scrambling trying to get everyone to show up for service and put on a BIG FACE...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoYJQNqRCc0&feature=related

• cedars
    cedars

Those Smurfs get everywhere!

Good point though. Why should this "enthusiastic spirit" only be displayed before and during a CO visit. Why not all the time?

Cedars

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Some inactive ones never receive a call, even when the C.O. comes to town. You know the reason why the "Scramble" takes place, to get the C.O.'s approval, and be able to tell all the brothers "The Circuit Overseer said, our B.O.E. is doing their job, and actually work good together", there is not greater compliment from the C.O.! How much encouragement we are to receive during the C.O.'s visit, is dependant on how well trained and good the C.O. is, some are not very nice. There are C.O.s that are destructive, treat the BOE like shit, and leave a path of destruction after they leave. Their calling card, is nothing but their weekly expense sheet. Trickle Down Theo-nomics, crap goes down hill, not up!

• cantleave
    cantleave

As service overseer I used to hate CO visits. We had one CO whose wife was so intimidating that none of the sisters wanted to work with her, and I had the unenviable task of making appointments, I literally had to badger people to put their names down. She also wanted evening appointments on non-meeting nights, i never bothered even trying to get those. No-one wanted to work with her on Field Service, but everyone wanted to host lunch! Now doesn't that show show what peopple thought of the "life saving" work!!

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

"cantleave" we had some real Jezebeels who were married to "Eli's" Eli (Father of Hopni and Phinnas" COs. Those sisters were very unpleasant and not spiritually uplifting. The Society can drop old farts on us, but we don't have to agree, they smell like roses! I got hammered for setting the CO's wife up, with one of the mentally insane sisters, between sister (multi-personality, six) CO'ette and Susan Schizo, it was a full car. The negative tongue lashing was worth every word, the CO was dragged off by his ear, by his battle ax wife!

• TOTH
    TOTH

Cantleave: While attending the Spanish Congo in West Sacramento, CA, we had one co whose wife was a real pain. We were assigned lunch for them one afternoon and she could only eat this and you can't cook it in that. AND NO ALUMINUM pots! My poor wife did her best to meet the demands of this idiot. BUT....when she acted like crap in our house, my wife called her a stupid bitch and told them to gtfo of our house....LOL We didn't hear anything about it but the service Overlord sure did! LMAO

• nugget
    nugget

Co visits were a time when elders turn on one another criticising their families and saying why they would make a better po or service overseer. I got fed up being told how unholy I was when I was struggling to look after a child with special needs in a religion that was damaging to him. Bunch of self serving, ambitious men with more interest in kingdom hall politics and appearances than brotherly love. it was all smoke and mirrors. Find the weakest and turn on them so that the co is distracted from other flaws.

Cos did give up a proper life to serve but they also had people running after them and ingratiating themselves. Not a position I ever envied.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Nugget, the COs lost touch with the real world, they live a sheltered life. The DOs are worse, they live in some Resident Evil virus suit, away from the amaharets, no worries about food, rent, insurance or daily physical needs, the average JW fights for. Personally I know six COs who have had to be re-introduced into the regular world, it is a challenge for them to perform household chores. Sisters are requested to visit, are told the former CO couple's house, needs a good "Spring Cleaning" their cars need a good brother, to work on it. The JW window cleaner is told how, "my windows are dirty, come clean them, landscape needs a young brother to pull weeds" The list and expectations from COs and DOS, who lived a scheduled life, is easier than a elder who works full-time, and cares for his family and juggles the responsibilities. The elder position, is not worth the crap they put up with, not worth the double talking heavy hitters, backstabbing pioneers, needy publishers who can't tie their shoes, without calling for advice.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Fake is the word I was thinking of lol.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

When my parents-in-law had no place to stay and were out of money, they approached an elder to ask if they could stay in his house during his 3-week vacation that was coming up. They could, as long as they paid him 3000 USD in rent. Of course they could not afford it since they didn't even have enough to eat.

Two weeks later, the circuit overseer was offered a stay at the aforementioned elder's house for free, and the CO accepted the offer amidst a multitude of other brothers and sisters offering their homes to the CO, while my in-laws were offered nothing by the congregation.

Eventually my in-laws were invited to stay at a worldly couple's home that they didn't even know.

Need I say more?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit