Fakeness of the Elders When CO Visits Video

by TOTH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

has anyone received a positive experience from a C.O. who cares about the "Sheep"? The Master (Jesus Christ's) sheep, and not about pushing magazines, using all four talks to focus on "doing more, preaching more, giving more time"? How many C.O.s say "Hey you are all doing one Hell of a job, I can't add anything other than, keep up the great work!" Human Resource Management Evaluations, usually frown on providing stellar employees with perfect marks, on their annual work evaluation. Their logic is, if you get five stars, you have nothing left to shoot for next year, so keep the perfect employee with a hope, he might get five stars some day. Sound familiar?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The kindest CO I've ever had was forced to quit after only about 2 years in the circuit work. His wife (also very sweet) came down with cancer and he had a nervous breakdown. He was about 40, raised as a JW and full of empathy. Of course, his nerves couldn't stand dealing with the particularly horrid elders in our circuit. We were his first and last. I'd love to hear someday that they left the Borg.

It figures. There are 2 kinds of people: The ones who GET ulcers and the ones who GIVE them.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Bubblegum Apotheosis >> The C.O. needs to be encouraged - by YOU

A primary purpose of the circuit overseer’s visit is to give personal encouragement and training in the field ministry.

The Circuit Overseer: The apostle Paul was no different from the brothers he served in that he experienced challenges and anxieties and he appreciated encouragement.

You can likewise encourage your circuit overseer. Show him “double honor” by your enthusiastic support of his visit. (1 Tim. 5:17) Express and demonstrate your sincere appreciation for his efforts in your behalf. He and his wife will rejoice as they observe your faith, love, and endurance.—2 Thess. 1:3, 4.

km 10/07 p. 8 par. 3,4 / An Interchange of Encouragement for All

The three prefab talks the C.O. delivers are really something. The effort going into those talks is repeated over and over for one season (six months). He spends more time looking over sales figures and performance charts than having an interest in the f&f. He and his wife get gained weight since their last wisit, once again. - - - Go, and encourage them to keep it up.

• Alfred
    Alfred

The CO we had looked tired and defeated... when I was on my way out, I got a shepherding call from the PO and CO because of what I had voiced about 1975. The CO came prepared with about 5 or 6 different articles he'd printed out from the WT Library CD regarding 1975.

Every time he started to read an article to me, I politely interrupted him to let him know that I had already read that article. Until he finally said: "Well is there anything you haven't read about this subject?" My answer was something like: "No brother CO. I've read everything single article about 1975 and all of it is extremely disturbing, particularly the article that blames JWs for serving Jehovah with a certain date in mind."

As expected, he quickly changed the subject and gave me the usual WT Resume... which org preaches worldwide?, which organization uses the name Jehovah?, which organization remains neutral?, yadda, yadda... This is a very typical response whenever a JW gets cornered with something they simply can't answer... sort of like a used car salesman... "forget about that meaningless noise coming out of the engine... did you notice it has leather seats and a new paint job?" ... pathetic...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit