NEW TO JWN and Lovin it!! A Little about me

by Zordino 41 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Here's my official welcome: Welcome, Zordino!

I've enjoyed sharing thoughts of a few thread so far and look forward to more.

00DAD

• Wishididntknow
    Wishididntknow

Welcome sir.... New hear as well...and loving it!

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

sabastious,

Thank you so much for posting the article explaining why people convert to the JW religion. Since my reawakening I have been wrestling with why I converted in the first place. When I began studying as a teenager I had family trying to dissuade me to no avail. My new Witness friends were so beguiling and they had all the answers to my questions, even ones I had never thought to ask! My research was quickly narrowed to only WT publications so information isolation ocurred to the point where no other explanations were accepted. The girls who studied with me became my closest friends.

Incidently, wouldn't it also make sense that the one willing to give up friendships and acquaintences probably lacks substantial and rewarding involvement with others in the first place?

This was me as a socially awkward teenager.

Reopened Mind

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Love the fact that more & more old timers continually keep waking up.... Brilliant...

Welcome to the Real World.... Now to work on getting your family out without much effort, easier said than done.... :z

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Welcome Zordino! I am a fellow 8 dayer. I fried and froze with die hard parents. My dad always had a cafeteria assignment so we arrived one to two weeks early and stayed a week later most times. I can't believe I didn't leave when I could!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Welcome! I would be interested to see what number of people this site helped to leave the WT.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Hi Zordino! Welcome!

• Zordino
    Zordino

Thankyou all for your posts. Glad to know there are some normal folks out there who can understand me.

• factfinder
    factfinder

sab-

Thank you so much for posting that article! I see myself in so many places there and have a much clearer understanding of why I fell for the witnesses teachings. It really clears things up.

I wish that my jw brother would read it, but for the reasons it stated, he avoids anything he considers might be anti witness or apostate information.

The information presented is so true. Excellent article-thanks again!

• Zordino
    Zordino

sab, yes thankyou for posting that article, Very informative.

Thanks again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit