NEW TO JWN and Lovin it!! A Little about me

by Zordino 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

You're wise to back off with your wife.

Bashing the WTS often leads JWs to defend it even if they have serious doubts themselves.

Let her talk.

Listen for things about the organization that are bothering her.

That will be a lot more effective than assuming that your own issues with the organization will affect her the way they do you.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Congrats on questioning , that's the hardest mental programming to break. Few are capable, I hope the answers you find bring you peace one day.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Welcome! Glad to have you here. I hope that you can successfully exit with your wife and children beside you. This board is a great spot for good advice, support, and people who can relate to your situation.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story. Good luck on your journey.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome!

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Welcome and many happy returns. Be warned. It is somewhat addictive.

• Azazel
    Azazel

hey matey welcome to the forum glad you made it

Az

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

WELCOME, Zordino!

Welcome. You were an 8 Dayer, they made us tough.

He'd be too young to remember, designs. It would be his poor parents who would be the tough ones - dealing with a baby/toddler, crammed in like sardines, listening to talk after talk after talk, get home/back to the hotel/camp site late, up at the crack of dawn, packing enough for an army, start all over again!

When did 8 day Assemblies discontinue? I thought they were 4 and 5 day ones in the '70s. Maybe they just felt like 8 day ones.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome! Glad you are enjoying your time here.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hi Zordino and welcome. So glad you woke up. I sure hope your family does as well.

Like you I woke up in my teens. Things just didn't add up for me. This website as well as jwfacts.com, "Crisis of Conscience", and Rick Fearon's JC experience really helped educate and cement for me the total bogusness of the Watchtower. Ray's book confirmed a lot of my suspicions but educated me on so much more I never knew (eg Malawi, GB 2/3rds majority voting).

I tell anyone who will listen that this is a performance based religion/cult, that you MUST go door-to-door pushing their literature, and that it is wise to stay away from it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit