Circuit Assembly this weekend(Feb 25-26) You In?

by Sheep2slaughter 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Hello all! I've been a long time reader and finally created an account. I will have a post in the near future telling you more about me soon. Thats for another post tho. This is about a quick question. Is anyone on here going to the Circuit Assembly in Denver CO at the Renaissance Hotel? I will be there, albeit very begrudgingly. Just looking to see if anyone else is in the same boat.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Welcome to the board!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

tell me more about your username

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

My username...not much to tell. I wanted something somewhat clever and expressive. In this case I feel that many brothers in the organization worry and focus on 'organization' 'conformity' and tangible things like time, "privileges" and looking good to others. Instead of focusing on the identifying mark of Christians...Love. In my experience many many that think they are sincerely serving God but actually only sincerely serve the organization but forget that Christianity is about loving and imitating Christ. In the organization there are men, appointed by holy spirit(sure..you betcha), to Shepard the sheep. But by missing the fact that God does not take pleasure in many sacrifices they in fact mislead the sheep and possibly/ultimately lead sheep to slaughter. Proverbs 24:11 is the scripture that gave me the idea for the name.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Can you do something for us, sheep2slaughter (welcome, btw)?

Listen very carefully and get a direct quote (or better yet, a recording) regarding the following:

Vidqun on THIS THREAD said:

"Forthcoming attraction at the next circuit assembly. For those that are interested in attending. If you encourage your child to pursue Higher Education, you are sacrificing him or her to Molech (cf. Jer. 32:35)."

I want to know if it was an individual's nutty opinion or whether this comparison came from the outline/Org.

Much appreciated if you can

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Welcome sheep2slaughter! I'm in a different location, but my circus assembleed is this weekend too, and I'm also begrudging going, ARGH.

Is it bad that I'm considering hurting my right had just so I have an excuse not to take notes?

(Just kidding, I'm not really going to injure myself, but then again there might be pain meds involved. Nothin' like an assembleed on Vicadin!)

• BroMac
    BroMac

keep yourself entertained while waiting for the "Generation" Demo, If i remember correctly it was on the saturday during the DO's talk. i wont spoil it for you!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

OOOOOOOOOoooooooo.....It is so tempting. I wish I could, but I better stay in and brush the cat.

I am sending you a PM since we are in the same area. I know some great people on this site that are all in the Denver area too.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Welcome Sheep2slaughter!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hello and Welcome. Please tell us what crap they come up with at the CA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit