Dreaded elder's visit come and gone.

by Vidqun 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

And what's wrong with being an NGO as long as you do not support UN politically?

Now back to the theme:

1. Christian can have his doubts and cannot be disfellowshipped for that.

2. We are not to judge others. So when tricked to answer if you believe that JW's are the only true religion or the morons of the GB the sole channel of Jehovah then do not answer directly, do not express your opinion. Say that it is not of you to judge your brothers but Jehovah will in his due time. they will press you on this. Be careful. They may ask: Yes but do you think that Jehovah is not supporting the F&DS anymore like he rejected ancient Israel. Again repeat: "It does not matter what I or you think, but what Jehovah thinks. It is not our business. Leave him to provide the answer. Do not ask me."

NOLAW

• 00DAD
    00DAD

NOLAW: And what's wrong with being an NGO as long as you do not support UN politically?

What's wrong with swimming in a YMCA swimming pool as long as you don't support the YMCA religiously?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

OODAD - When your JW "friends" or family say they miss you, they mean they wish to see you at the KHall...they don't really miss you at all because if they did they would come and visit you at home or invite you over. As soon as you start missing meetings any social activities you had with them cease...My own mother and brother live 600 km away and they never talk to me unless I call them. They are way too busy with their service to the WT, and now that I told them I haven't gone to a meeting for 18 months, I guess that's the end of their "love" for me...

By the way, at one point I will tell visiting elders what I really think of their cult and their hypocrite leaders...your list of grievances is dead accurate.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Vidquin--- Very well done! I admire your courage and your ability to reason. Please keep us updated!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good job! Show no fear and they are powerless. They know they can't scare you back to the fold.

The one time an elder tried the "do you believe it is the truth?" question, I came back with the point that their truth keeps changing. What they teach about "this generation" would have been labeled "apostate" when I was a teenager living in the last of the "last days" in the 1980s. I got rather pointed about what part of their teaching is he trying to get me to commit to being "the truth", because it can all be changed in a short Watchtower sentence. The main thing was that I showed that I wasn't afraid. Unfortunately, the elders started to get threatening with my dad. But it's a cult, after all. What can you expect?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Thanks Billy for the "truth" tip. I'll keep it handy in case it is needed in the near future. But I do realize that we are farting against thunder, flogging a dead horse, etc. I asked the young elder, does he know what a lemming is? He answered No. So I explained to him about this documentary I saw of the lemmings, following their leaders all the way down a cliff into the sea. That's what blind faith will get you. I, for one, do not worship the GB, because that is what total obedience means. It's an act of worship.

I agree Nolaw, don't allow them to pin you down, especially when there are two of them. I like the thought of leaving the judgment to Jehovah and his son. The one elder I spoke to on the UN-NGO thing, told me they did that so that they can do good. Help the brothers in need, etc. But I insisted that they are not neutral then. That means one can compromise your faith because your motives are pure. I didn't fall for that either.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

NVR2L8: When your JW "friends" or family say they miss you, they mean they wish to see you at the KHall...they don't really miss you at all because if they did they would come and visit you at home or invite you over.

Yes, agreed. That was the point I was trying to make.

I've got a saying: If it's conditional, it ain't love. - John 13:35

Vidqun: The one elder I spoke to on the UN-NGO thing, told me they did that so that they can do good.

Now that is just so stupid! No elder would accept that kind of lame excuse from a publisher.

"I was just playing basketball at the YMCA so I could encourage some of the weak ones in the congregation!"

"I was doing research in the library at the local Catholic church so I could be better prepared for the ministry!"

I don't think so!!! Give me a break, puh-leeze!

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

A true Christian cannot be neutral. That is hypocritical.

UN cannot be compared with YMCA. Completely different organizations.

Do not be confused by the b******t of the GB. What we should be against is UN ignoring God's arrangement for ruling mankind through Jesus Christ. Other efforts, like to eradicate illness, hunger, illiteracy are welcome and we should support them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit