Such a tragedy: My cousin and her BF died in a apartment fire in Kansas...

by Joliette 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

This is sad news...my J-dub mom called me today to tell me that my cousin and her bf died in a apartment fire. The batteries in their smoke detector was not in...there were no batteries in their smoke dectators. Her mom couldnt talk for two days. She was literally speechless. The fire department says that they left something on the stove, and thats what caused the fire. They must have fell asleep. They died from the smoke. They were both 23 years old.

Please people make sure your smoke dectators are change in your house. I dont know what happened but the I believe the apartment building is going to at fault for this. What a tragedy.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I cant post a link to the story in google chrome but if someone does a seach for Kansas City fire Feb 17th that will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• Ding
    Ding

Very sorry for your loss.

Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors can save lives as long as they are operating properly.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sorry for your loss. What a tragedy.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm sorry for this tragedy, Joliette. These things greatly sadden me.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Ding: I have both in my apartment. That something that just HAS to be done. So much that can go wrong. Thank you.

MrsJones: Thank you. ((Hugs to you both)).

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you new chapter. ((Hugs and kisses))

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh How sad... My sympathy.... Yes a must>>>> smoke detectors...

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yes Mouthy, thank you darling. Such a tragedy. She was only 23.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Oh, no. So sorry to hear of your loss!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit