Such a tragedy: My cousin and her BF died in a apartment fire in Kansas...

by Joliette 28 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
  • Joliette
    Joliette

thetrueone: Thank you, I believe thats it. But the embedding has been disabled.

• blondie
    blondie

The fire department in this area said there has been an increase in home fires caused by leaving things cooking on the stove. Then there are leaving candles lit when they leave home; and then grilling out by the house wall and/or disposing of charcoal unsafely. We change the batteries in the spring daylight saving time and then in the fall. Sorry to hear of this sad event. It makes all of us be more alert and safe.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Joliette I am so sorry to hear that. My smoke detector in the goes off eveytime I am cooking and drop something on the burner. But I haven't checked the bedrooms to make sure they are working. Thank you for the important reminder. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Joliette:

I am so sorry to hear this. My condolences to you.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Such horrible news. Sorry for your loss....

• designs
    designs

Really sorry to hear about your loss.

• harleybear
    harleybear

Joliette: I am so sorry for your loss. Please everyone be proactive about replacing batteries in your detectors. The local FD here recommends twice a year. Our home uses the first day of spring and the first day of fall as the date set to replace the batteries. Buy the batteries in advance and have them available. Others use New Years Day and 4th of July as dates. Whatever it takes make it a priority.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you guys ((hugz)).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit