The Wacky World of Dating Sites

by Terry 97 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Lifestooshort - JW Match charged you money? I've been a member for a couple of years now just for the laughs and I haven't paid a dime !

That's because I just read the profiles, Idon't send email to anyone on the site.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't think my body type is a problem. I just put the body type honestly thinking it would screen out the guys who are hung up finding women who are still in great shape like teenagers. I'm not, so I figured I'd save them the trouble. They wrote to me anyway. I do have a pretty youthful looking face and I've never been called homely or ugly. I am naturally vivacious, a true ENFP. I have a good sense of humor and make people laugh all day long at my job, which is in sales and demonstrations. I have nice gentlemen who inquire about my status and leave their cards with me. I'm just very picky about good communication and personality compatibility.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't see mature people like Terry or me as scratch and dent or used cars. I see us as real:

From The Velveteen Rabbit, on becoming REAL:

The Skin Horse had lived longer in the nursery than any of the others. He was so old that his brown coat was bald in patches and showed the seams underneath, and most of the hairs in his tail had been pulled out to string bead necklaces. He was wise, for he had seen a long succession of mechanical toys arrive to boast and swagger, and by-and-by break their mainsprings and pass away, and he knew that they were only toys, and would never turn into anything else. For nursery magic is very strange and wonderful, and only those playthings that are old and wise and experienced like the Skin Horse understand all about it.

"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?"

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."

"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.

"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

"Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?"

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand ."

"I suppose you are real?" said the Rabbit. And then he wished he had not said it, for he thought the Skin Horse might be sensitive.

But the Skin Horse only smiled.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,at least you didn't run into a registered sex offender and violent criminal. That was scary.

Then,I fell for a guy in Australia,talked to him for three years. Talk about a long distance relationship. It wasn't meant to be. I take it as a learning experience as I outgrow a cult.

But,now,I think I will stick with meeting men in person,even in bars,lol. I think it's the best way anyway,I really prefer the instant eye contact and chemistry.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't think I've changed since 2009, Terry.

The first picture is February 2009. The second is New Years 2012. The 3rd is the beginning of February, this year. Okay, well I lied. You can see I obtained a nice scar on my forehead from an accident October 10th, 2011:

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I smile easily, unless I am extremely tired or very bummed about something. Then it is the guy with the right personality who can lift me right out of it and put the smile back on my face. This picture is from January 2011. I must say that webcams do tend to screen out character lines and creases. I have some, though most people fuss at me if I say, "Look closer, you can tell I am not 30. Look at the lines and wrinkles." They fuss because they think mine aren't bad. And honestly, my daughter is 32 and hers look about like mine. Lines and wrinkles don't bother me. A smile can be very forgiving to a face when it comes to showing age.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That instant eye contact and chemistry is possible on line. I've had it happen. I have had super nice guy write to me because he was impressed with my zany myspace status and bespectacled profile picture. We are still wonderful friends and if circumstances were different, I'd be on his arm in a minute. He's also an ENFP. Just lives too far away. He's ensconced where he is and I am the same where I live. When he wrote to me, I looked at his profile and pictures and I could see he was not the typical myspace come-on type guy. So, out of character for me, I wrote him back and we've been friends ever since. That was two years ago. He is well educated with a masters degree and established in a rewarding career. He shows his age a bit, but he's very handsome to me. No one has ever made me laugh the way this man does. He also says he's never run across anyone as unique as me. I'm different. I know it. Either people love that or they hate it.

• Terry
    Terry

Now that darlin' smile should slay a few dragons, FHN.

Men live in their own head; one or the other, that is.

They have a woman fantasy shimmering inside their skull that they are searching for and it makes the blind

to the real women they'd actually be happier with. By the time the man-boy becomes a man-man he's developed

so many bad habits you'd eliminate him in a nano-instant.

We're a goofy bunch of dolts.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Terry. We both look alright for the wear and tear, don't we?

I think women get an idea in their heads about what they want, too. For me, I have two ill fated marriage relationships to learn what I do not need in personality types. And since then, I've had two really good relationships to show me what I do need--what will work. I've also learned that relationships are like gardens. You have to start with the right patch of land, the right light at different times of days. You need enough rain. You need the right plants for the climate of your patch of ground. The garden can be simple or it can be elaborate.

The important thing is that the two people have to tend the garden and nurture it--not neglect it. You have to start with two people well suited for each other, who have good chemistry and compatible communication styles. And both need to understand that every unkind, snarky remark or selfish deed will erode the soil and health of the garden. Those negative comments and actions, if allowed to go unchecked are like weeds that slowly take over a garden and choke it out. Relationships, like gardens, need daily/nightly attention, thought and planning. If a couple is to even give a damn enough to do all that, they have to start out strongly liking each other. There has to be more than physical attraction and love. Like is probably the most important one of all. If you like each other, you will enjoy each other.

I am looking for all three of chemistry, like and love. I am looking for compatible personality types. I don't want someone with addiction problems. He cannot be afraid to work for a living and he needs to be gainfully employed and hopefully likes his career. I don't want someone who has no direction, self control or good mind for what to do with his finances. I don't want a gambler or someone who hits women. I want someone that I can adore and pamper, who will adore and pamper me. If I don't want to rub his shoulders and do nice things for him, he is not the man for me. And if he doesn't want to lavish me with adoring attention, I am not the woman for him.

Compatible personalities, similar interests, similar spirituality, similar enough political leanings, compatible hobbies and so on. Chemistry, like, love. Enough money, managed properly, to live life and not be in constant crisis. Mutual, regular laughter. Pampering the heck out of each other. Liking each other so much we'd rather slam our own hands in the door than say or do something mean or unkind. I've had this and hey, it's pretty darn wonderful. I won't settle for less. I'll stay single before I ever live in a neglected, weed choked garden again.

• myelaine
    myelaine

And He said to me, “Turn again, and you will see greater abominations that they are doing.” So He brought me to the door of the north gate of the Lord ’s house; and to my dismay, women were sitting there weeping for *Tammuz. (ezekiel 8:13-14)

* a sumerian god similar to gr. god adonis

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit