Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses to Escape Judgment for Crimes Against the Children?

by 3Mozzies 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

BTTT

• mind blown
    mind blown

@ Phizzy thanx for the info.....I sent an emai!

I hope many of you will too....purdy please...... I'm heart broken.......

• mind blown
    mind blown

It's 2:48am here and I need a drink

I have two email accounts and sent Mr John Chapman one from each.......

• sizemik
    sizemik

My dissappointment is overshadowed by the way the kids in Traraglon must be feeling right now. I emailed the PPO as soon as I heard this from Steve . . . and will be following up with every avenue possible tomorrow. It would still serve the cause to not let this go without making as big a noise about it as possible. Please add your support if you can.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Another child who helped pay for the filing fees and had asked me to help him in this matter did so because many years ago his younger sister was raped by a member of the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses and he, as a very young boy, was powerless to prevent it. He witnessed the rape. ... The rapist remains a 'fine upstanding' member of the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses and regularly gives talks from the church podium in his local Jehovah's Witness congregation, even though he confessed to the rapes to a number of Jehovah's Witness ministers.

Question: Have there been no criminal proceedings for this case?

"Not in the public interest" - say what?! At the very least, there should be some penalty for failing to obey the law which put kids at risk. It would then be on public record that a judgment was made against them which would serve as a warning to others.

And what happened with the PayPal/funding fiasco?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I have sent an e-mail and also made it known I had been following the case from here in UK.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Wow - Just wow!!!

I am very saddened by this and will be writing to the prosecutor, for what it is worth.

I feel for the kids and their parents.

I would like to thank Steven Unthank for the time and effort he has invested in this.

• Azazel
    Azazel

For me what is sad before i was DF i was a friend of Vin Toole and also of the two brothers who "handle" cases of child abuse within JW , all three are very well respected within the JW and i had respected them as well, but i feel sick thinking of how they allowed the welfare and protection of children "God's children" to come a distinct 2nd place to protecting the name of the WTS and of predatory JW's.

Perhaps theres more than one way to shame them. Im just in need of ideas.

Az

• flipper
    flipper

I just sent a rip roaring E-mail off to Mr. Chapman from California out west here in U.S.A. Basically reminded him that we prosecute child molesters here in the States and gave examples of Warren Jeffs the Mormon pastor who went to prison for multiple child molestations, told him that 16 jW children were paid damages of 16 million $$$ in 2007 out of court by the WT society already , reminded him of the countless Catholic priests who have gone to prison- then asked him- What makes Jehovah's Witness leaders any different ? Don't the laws apply to the wT society just as they do to Catholics, Mormons, etc ?

I essentially created a new a-hole for him to defecate out of ( figuratively speaking that is ). Told him that the Australia news media will get a hold of this and his job may be in jeopardy AND asked him if he was paid " hush money " from the WT society to not pursue these cases ? Told him I'm a concerned citizen in the U.S. who has had countless JW friends experience child abuse as kids in the religion and I need some answers as to WHY he is doing this. Let's just say it was a pretty straightforward e-mail. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• cedars
    cedars

I've just sent the following email:

FAO John Chapman SC, Re. Steven Unthank cases

Dear John I am the founder of jwsurvey.org - a website that is working to bring about reform among Jehovah's Witnesses. I was deeply dismayed to learn today of your recent correspondence with Steven Unthank, who is prosecuting several cases against the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses relating to their contemptuous disregard for the safety of children in your state. I am led to believe that you have indicated to Mr Unthank that you wish to assume prosecution of all 5 cases with a view to discontinuing them. Your stated reason is that these cases are not in the "public interest". I am dismayed and outraged that you could reach this conclusion, given the fact that careless neglect of the accused has led to numerous children being molested in your state. How could this outrage conceivably fail to be in the public interest? You may not be aware, but the world is watching your actions very closely. Those of us who are forced to remain Jehovah's Witnesses on pain of being seperated from our families through shunning are praying that Mr Unthank will succeed in showing our Governing Body that they are not above the law. Insinuations are already spreading that your eagerness to discontinue the cases may be as a result of bribes having been exchanged. I can only trust that this is not the case, although I find it difficult to conceive of any other reason why you, as Director of Prosecutions, would happily expose the children within your jurisdiction to the willfully negligent malpractice of an organization that failed to even present itself at court when summoned. I can only hope that you will reconsider your position in respect of this case, and yield to the international condemnation of your actions in this regard. We will continue to watch this situation very closely in the hopes that common sense and a sense of duty towards the children of Victoria will prevail. Yours truly, John Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit