Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses to Escape Judgment for Crimes Against the Children?

by 3Mozzies 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DT
    DT

I wonder if there is a reluctance to prosecute the leaders of one of the major religions started in America during an election when one of the leading candidates is a member of one of the other major American religions.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I read Steven Unthank's post this morning and was very sad for the childrenn and Steven Unthank. The least that I can do is express my sadness to Mr Chapman. I don't feel that accusing Mr Chapman of bribery will be very effective.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Does this guy have a history with the WTBTS? Has he got relatives in the LIE?

I smell something steaming...

NOT in the public interest to prosecute pedos? Embarrassment to the police because they FAILED to enforce the Law?

GO PUBLIC I say - humiliate the Victoria sons of bitches.

HB

• flipper
    flipper

HAMSTERBAIT- I totally agree. All of us should go public and E-mail the hell out of Chapman . Voices of many may have an effect. You just never know. It may NOT , but it's worth a try. Here's the link to Chapman's E-mail : [email protected]. These officials need all the humiliation we can muster on their behalf ! Let's do it people ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mind blown
    mind blown

I hope the many families with their children show up to court so Mr John Chapman can look at the many faces.

@ Flipper it's true, it's says so here. He can be urged to re look at the case:

http://www.freedomunderlaw.org/resources/5_Keir%20Starmer.pdf

That's the problem. Out of sight, out of mind. Just like the GB. They don't have to look or see those childrens faces and then have to look at themselves in the mirror every day They have their attorney do the dirty work.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Has anyone over in Aussie-land tried contacting the local media?

I would think this would be pretty newsworthy:

State prosecutors decide prosecuting child-molesters and their accomplices is "not in the public interest"!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I wrote to the Director of the Office of Public Prosecutions Victoria and to the following public officials to express their opinions to the Director of the Office of Public Prosecutions about the OPPV'sdecision to dismiss Steven Unthank's cases:

Unlike some JWN members, I feel it is better to educate the Director of the OPPV about the potential strategic consequences of the OPPV's decision to dismiss Steven Unthank's cases. Further weakening the "Working with Children Act 2005" section 35(1)(a)(b)(c) law seems more important to me than potentially not having enough evidence to prosecute the cases at this time.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 12:46 PM
    Subject: Please Support Steven Unthank's Private Criminal Prosecutions of the Watchtower Society Mr Neale Burgess: I respectfully ask that you expeditiously contact the Director of Office of Public Prosecutions Victoria (OPPV) and express your opinion about the OPPV to taking over prosecuting the following cases from Steven Unthank and then dismissing them on February 21, 2012:
    • Corporate Accused: GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES (Case No.: B12083527),
    • Corporate Accused: FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE (Case No.: B12083367),
    • Corporate Accused: CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES (Case No.: B12083108),
    • Corporate Accused: WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA, INC. (Case No.: B12083833), and
    • WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF AUSTRALIA (Case No.: B12082206)
    Although I am an American citizen and father, I was deeply saddened today to learn what the OPPV plans to do and its eleventh hour notification to Steven Unthank, and wrote Mr John Champion requesting that he reconsider his decision to dismiss the aforementioned cases (please see attached email). The OPPV's decision will further weaken the "Working with Children Act 2005" section 35(1)(a)(b)(c), because it will send a message that government officials do not care about protecting children to the leadership of dangerous cults like the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. Thank you and your staff again for working tirelessly to support Steven Unthank ’s prosecutions of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society’s leaders and organizations for not complying with Victoria’s child protection laws. Regards,
    Robert
    ----- Forwarded Message -----
    Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 12:24 PM
    Subject: Please Prosecute to the Fullest Extent Steven Unthank's Private Criminal Prosecutions Dear John Champion SC, I respectfully request that the Office of Public Prosecutions Victoria ( OPPV ) prosecute to the fullest extent of the law the following cases:
    • Corporate Accused: GOVERNING BODY OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES (Case No.: B12083527),
    • Corporate Accused: FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE (Case No.: B12083367),
    • Corporate Accused: CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES (Case No.: B12083108),
    • Corporate Accused: WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA, INC. (Case No.: B12083833), and
    • WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF AUSTRALIA (Case No.: B12082206)
    Although I am an American citizen and father, I was deeply saddened today to learn that the OPPV plans to take over prosecuting the aforementioned cases and then dismiss them on February 21, 2012. I was hoping that after writing to you in November 2011 (see attached email) that you would have a better understanding of the significant strategic consequences of not fully prosecuting the aforementioned cases. Even if the OPPV is not successful in prosecuting the aforementioned cases, a significant message will be sent to the Watchtower Leadership - Follow the Law! Have you considered how the OPPV's planned dismissals will further weaken Victoria's Child Protection Laws and be interpreted by the Society's leadership? The Society is a dangerous cult and its leadership views governments with the utmost contempt , so in a year or two the Society may again direct its Victorian elders not to follow Victorian Child Protection law(s). Please reconsider your decision to dismiss the aforementioned cases. If Victorian government officials fail to prosecute the aforementioned cases, then Steven Unthank will be the last hope for Victorian JW children for protection from child abuse and molestation by Jehovah's Witnesses. Regards,
    Robert From: Robert To: [email protected]
    Sent: Wednesday, November 9, 2011 11:32 AM
    Subject: Please Take Over Prosecution of Cases by Steven Unthank Dear John Champion SC, I respectfully request that the Office of Public Prosecutions Victoria take over prosecuting from Steven Unthank of Steven Unthank versus the Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses (CID B12083527 ), Christian Congregation Of Jehovah's (CID B12083108), Faithful And Discreet Slave (CID B12083367), Watch Tower Bible And Tract Society (CID B12083833), and Watchtower Bible And Tract Society (CID B12082206) . Steven Unthank has done a fantastic prosecution to date, but is not as well trained to prosecute the aforementioned cases as the Office of Public Prosecutions is. A joint effort with the Office of Public Prosecutions in the lead prosecutors role and Steven Unthank as subject matter expert would increase the possibility of successfully winning the aforementioned cases. Although the prosecution of the Watchtower and its leaders may appear insignificant, it may have much broader ramifications when viewing the international reach and history of the Watchtower. Please view the following web pages to understand how the Watchtower and its leaders operate: http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/bulgaria-blood-transfusions.php, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLAC9kS_EqM, http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/war-of-words-breaks-out-among-jehovahs-witnesses-2361448.html. The Watchtower is a dangerous cult as defined by Steve Hassan in his book Combatting Cult Mind Control and viewing his website www.freedomofmind.com. To understand a dangerous cult like the Watchtower, the OPPV will need subject matter experts like Steve Hassan and former JWs , because although the Watchtower and its leaders do speak English the words they use may have a different meaning than a normal person would interpret. If the OPPV needs additional subject matter experts or would like to obtain photocopies of previous Watchtower literature, I recommend that the OPPV become members of English -speaking exJW forums such as www.jehovahs-witness.net, www.jwsupportforum.com, exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com, and www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com and request information from members of those forums. I hope and pray that the OPPV tenaciously prosecutes the Watchtower and its leaders, because, if the OPPV does not, the Watchtower may after a year or two stop complying with Victoria's child protection law because of the arrogance of the Watchtower's leaders that they are superior to worldly governments. Also, I hope that if the Watchtower is successfully prosecuted in Australia so that legislators in all governments will enact laws to scrutinize organizations that apply for tax exempt and charitable government programs to exclude organizations that are dangerous cults. Reducing funding sources for dangerous cults is possibly the least expensive way to eradicate them. Please call if you have questions,
    Robert
  • flipper
    flipper

ABIBLESTUDENT- Very good letter and what you sent Chapman is golden. Great access to information Robert ! Well done ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. My wife told me about a Senator Nick Xenophon in South Australia who has taken on the Scientologists and exposed them publicly on Australia television and exposed Catholic priests publicly for child abuse and pressured them to lose their priestly positions . My suggestion is for some or many of us E-mailing this guy at his website and someone provide a link to this court case so he can read it and access the information concerning the injustice happening here. In a case like this I think you need to fight powerful corporations like the WT society or Australia court representatives through another powerful advocate who may have political clout as well and who isn't intimidated by corporates OR courts. Apparently this guy has this type of track record where he will take things like this on and address them and confront these situations .

Here is Senator Xenophon's website where you Aussies or anybody can reach him : http://www.nickxenophon.com.au/ .

Do any of you Australians know something more about this Senator ? If you want more information about this Senator just google Wikopedia on him. It's really interesting how he has courage to face up to these powermongers. So, thought I'd share this. Let me know what you think. At this point I feel Mr. Unthank and the Aussie JW children need a powerful advocate

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit