As a JW, did you eat at any religious restaurant?

by Iamallcool 49 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OK I get it..

Yes I`ve eaten at restaurants in the Bible Belt..

No big deal..

They sell fried chicken with frys,bisquits,gravy and a salad..

I buy it and eat it..

..................;-)...OUTLAW

• sizemik
    sizemik

Just bow your head for a few seconds before you start . . . and NEVER tip . . . a worker is worthy of his wages.

• freetosee
    freetosee

This is the first time I hear about religious resturants.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A muslin bakery? A kosher deli? Wtf is a religious restaurant? Can you name a few?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

if a religious restaurant is simply a restaurant with a few scriptures on the wall, then well 90% must be. Most will have some sort of bible scripture quoted. In and Out burger has scriptures on the bottom of the soda cups. Is that a religious restaurant? and if so, who cares?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Closest thing I have been to is In n' Out Burger...they have scriptures on the bottom of their drink cups (or at least they used to)...Alaska Airlines used to have a printed prayer on every tray of food they gave out to passengers.

If that were a decider for JW's, they missed out on some good burgers!

(Sorry Wha Happened...I just saw your post on In n' Out)

• finally awake
    finally awake

there is a new coffee shop in my town - it is called the Downtown House of Prayer and Adonai's Coffeshop. I guarantee no local dub would ever set foot in there. Thankfully, I am now free to eat the demon possessed scones and drink the evil coffee

• therevealer
    therevealer

In our area I have seen a couple of restaurants that have some food set out with a few idols. Budhist type? We ate there though.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

It's no different than shopping at Hobby Lobby, or eating at Chik-Fi-Lay (sp?). Both are closed on Sundays so employees do not have to work on the Christian sabbath. My JW ex had no problem with doing so.

(edit to add)

And how about those demonic Chinese restaurants, with fortune cookies and the Chinese horoscope printed on the place mats?

• FaithfulBrother
    FaithfulBrother

There's a restaurant in my hometown called Bethel Family Restaurant - Soul Food which is owned by a black church and serves southern meals such as fried chicken, cornbread and greens. Never eaten there, but I don't remember any other religious restaurants as a kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit