How many of you worked for "Trim-line" or "Auto-Trim-Design"?

by drewcoul 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• freetosee
    freetosee

We had a brother who worked for trim line. A number of brothers worked for him, including myself. He made good money and his business is still running today (just checked it on the internet).

• blondie
    blondie

Trimline and Snap-on Tools were big around here...working for "brothers" that ripped off those at the bottom. Led to one elder and his sons leaving the WTS. Never go into business with a jw.

• besunny
    besunny

Yes I knew brothers that worked in Trimline and Snap on-Tools as well in the NW Ohio and SE Mich. area

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Trimline, Snap On and don't forget the fire/water damage restoration franchises that went around in the late 80's and 90's.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Seconding what blondie said:

Never ever go into business with JWs. It will run you into deep shit, with the added difficulty to sue them (1. Corinthians 6:7,8). In the end they will slander you by telling everyone you were stealing materials off them.

• Violia
    Violia

Snap-on is owned by jws? Never knew that. In my area we have at least a one or two jws who own sign businesses . Some are in AC , plumbing, construction, and of course cleaning.

• badseed
    badseed

I had one. They called them distributorships and not franchises. I had bought a territory from a brother that I had originally started working for. He moved back west and wanted to get rid of it. So I bought the rights. This was one of the most fun jobs that I've had, it paid well and I could do whatever I wanted. Had plenty of spare time. Later I left the JWs, continued to stripe cars and trucks for years until I finally sold it. I miss those days.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

i've known at least 2 jdubs in edmonton doing trimline work.

rumour was one of them was the guy who "designed" the concept. his name was wes.

i don't have any facts to support this claim, i'm just repeating it.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK I have never heard of Trim-Line but Snap-On Tools of course is big business though I do not know of any brothers who are involved. Their prices are a bit much for me anyway.

Quite a few bros here work for a Fire Extinguisher company (can't just remember the name) but probably explains why we spend so much every six months getting the KH extinuishers serviced.

Another JW scam in this area is janitorial supplies. You wouldn't believe how much it costs to keep a KH clean.

George

• drewcoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit