Cheap Valentine gifts......are some boyfriends just loosers?

by Witness 007 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I know guys who work so they have some money. But only buy their partner of 3 years the token $12 dollar single rose for Valentines....other partners have given teddy bear $50 plus a nice card $5 and box of roses $60.

SO COME ON GUYS WHY SOOOO CHEAP!!! I would be toooo embarrased to give that to my girl who treats me sooo nice.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I have no idea... This was my first Valentine's and my bf went way above and beyond anything I expected... I expected dinner and a movie, maybe a single rose. I got a hell of a lot more than that. He MADE me a lobster dinner along with non-alcoholic champagne (I'm pregnant), water crackers with Brie and a fig-cocoa spread, plus imported French chocolate truffles dusted in cocoa powder. Plus he bought me a pure silver necklace with a silver and amethyst triple goddess pendant and a very large polished raw amethyst. I have no idea how much he spent, but I know it was a hell of a lot more than my cousin's bf. He got her nothing. A "Happy Valentine's Day" and "Now give me some nookie". She's PISSED.

Some guys aren't very thoughtful, creative, or caring... Some just can't afford to do all that they want to. However, for the ones who CAN, I bet you ANYTHING they'd shell out a pretty penny if they knew about the holiday that comes exactly a month later... It's the men's Valentine's Day... AKA "Steak and Blowjob Day". Seriously. Google it.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Nice....and even if you don't have money at least SAVE UP and spend $40 bucks....like you point out there are "benefits" for us guys making you happy.....we get it back in spades. I can picture girls talking "what did you get?" Oh, a Lobster dinner and jewelery you......Oh, a $12 dollar rose and him in a G-string wanting some lovin...."

• james_woods
    james_woods

I was told that if I bought her a hoodie-footie for Christmas that my things would be put on the curb. I rather liked the fake-leopard skin kind with the long tail...

I thought about asking if she had changed her mind for Valentines, but wisely bought lobsters and champaign instead.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Lobster can mean poison Haha! Too much lobster bottom feeder. I eat it. Is that why I'm dying? OMG Do you all know it use to be used for the lowest servants? And sometimes it washes up on the beach. Can you just read her mind? Lobster?

Let's get serious. I was in the store on Valentines Day and the men were there. Next year I'll be sure to go again on Valentines Day. The tension, the soul, I think you get to see it on Valentine's Day. Anyone else notice that strange phenomenon?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

007~ My cousin's biggest complaint wasn't that he didn't get her something extravagant... She would've been happy with a 99 cent card and a $1 scratch off ticket. He didn't get ANYTHING for her. Yet, he expects that when she gets her taxes done, she's going to buy him a brand new phone...when she needs to get car repairs. He's just plain selfish. All she really wanted was a gold nose stud because the steel bothers her skin (mine too, so I know what she means). He gave her the "I don't know what you want" excuse. Well, he WOULD know if he LISTENED and CARED. My bf heard me say weeks ago that I wanted to get myself a new pentacle...the one I have keeps falling off the chain. Being that I work in a largely Christian environment, he bought me a small understated triple goddess symbol to wear instead...one that won't fall off. The difference is that he cares enough to THINK about what he's going to get me. Her bf... UGH.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Well yesterday we both worked but this weekend we went away and went out to eat, and Monday we went skiing. That's all I wanted I don't need flowers or gifts.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I scribbled a "Be My Valentine" with my left hand on rogue scrap paper.

It looked remarkably like something that a two year old would have given. I liked it.

• shamus100
    shamus100

P.S. That's losers not "loosers". What the hell is a looser?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

A female work collegue said 'My husband had better get me something really expensive for Valentines Day'

I asked her what she was getting for her husband, 'NOTHING' she said 'HE'S LUCKY TO HAVE ME'

Tight bitch!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit