Honestly....What Kind Of Jehovah's Witness Were YOU???

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Personality-wise, I feel the same. I've always been pretty laid back.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I was always very compliant and was a good Witness but then Satan began controlling my thoughts. I finally felt free when I went to a recent Circuit Assembly, went to the bathroom, and took two towels in plain view of the attendant and others.

It was such a feeling of freedom.

Rub a Dub

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Rub a Dub, LOL!

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Mouthy!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

minimus!!!!

• finally awake
    finally awake

I was chronically stressed out as a witless. I get crabby and hateful when I'm stressed out, and I can fly into a rage at the drop of a hat. Now that I am free, I'm much more relaxed and peaceful. I don't get annoyed with the kids or the dogs as easily. And I don't have to pretend to hate gay people anymore. I was never any good at that anyway.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

I was pretty much the same as I am now. Hopefully less of a bigot. I try and think for myself a little more than I used to, but I was never really 'in'. I wasn't an exemplary witness, I think I just got by because my dad was/is the P.O. of the congregation.

• shepherd
    shepherd

I was a strict JW following all the rules. There was no grey areas, it was all black and white following the WT. I pioneered and always felt you were either in it or you were not. I had little time for the 1 hour a month brigade. Basically I was an asshole.

My attitudes towards other people are now totally different. The funny thing is now I am atheist I am showing more of the 'fruitages of the spirit' than I ever did as a JW. (I expect I am still an asshole sometimes too, haha)

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My boss and my children tell me they like me better now !! Actually my boss said I appear happy and more natural now, not so tense .

As a witness I was always stressed out . I was in a constant state of worry . I hate to think back at how much I yelled at my children because we were running late for meetings or service . I felt the weight of responsibility for everyone's spirituality in the family .It distressed me when my husband would not take the lead and then I would feel pressured to make up excuses for his missed talks and service time.

In the congregation I was always the sister people came to for an encouraging word ,and a listening ear ....My Mother had always taught me to think of others first ,to put myself in their shoes .....This is a good lesson ,however I think I took it to an extreme ...to the point I didn't know what I Needed anymore . Today I am more careful not to become so wrapped up in other peoples problems .

I also was the type of person that cared about the less popular ones in the hall . I made a point of really talking to the lonely elderly sister sitting by herself ,or the semi active couple that others ignored . Now I focus on myself more ,and my immediate family ,it feels healthier .

I feel joyful now in my life . I smile so much more now and for no particular reason other than my insides are finally happy

• N.drew
    N.drew

Troubled mind the Borg lost a fine member when you left, but good for you! You obeyed the command "widen out in your affections", it is rare.

I was quiet and shy but also like you were drawn to the less popular ones in the hall.

I was never "zealous" and I did not have to bring the children always as my husband is an opposer and once the children did not need constant care they stayed home with dad. Conventions that were away they came and that was stressful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit