1998AWAKE PUBLISHED FOR UNITED NATIONS CONSUMPTION

by MadApostate 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Man oh man. This is way to interesting. I am just getting caught up in all of the MA. Thanks.

hawk

• Prisca
    Prisca

All I can say is WOW

Thanks for the great research and uncovering of info, Hawkaw and MA. Very interesting stuff.

If only we knew then what we know now....

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

MoeJoJoJo, thanks for taking the time and making the effort to post those quotes. After all, your "digging" initiated all this new investigation.

It's noted that in the 12/1/98 Watchtower from which you extracted the above quotes, that the next article was "Legally Protecting the Good News", which is a summary of the WTS's "human rights struggles" in various countries.

Then next month, this "series" is continued in the January 8, 1999 AWAKE, titled "OUR RELIGIOUS FREEDOM--Is It Threatened?"

The opening theme article, "Religious Intolerance Today" includes a "bolded" quote from the UN's UDHR.

The "theme series" ends on page 13 with a "box article" which again highlights the UDHR.

NOW, GOING BACK TO THE NOVEMBER 22, 1998 AWAKE.

This AWAKE was undeniably a "celebration of the '50th birthday' of the UN's UDHR, published purposefully for the UN's consumption". The UDHR's actual 50th birthday was official on December 10, 1998. Thus, it appears that this AWAKE was timed with intention, and likely was delivered to UN officials prior to other ongoing celebrations.

It would be nice to know whether the December 1, 1998 WATCHTOWER and/or the January 8, 1999 AWAKE were also submitted.

HAWKAW, I thought that NGO articles submitted to UNDPI were separately libraried at the UN. What ever became of the effort to go there and actually determine which articles/pubs were submitted by the WTS?

Isn't this something the Library would fax on request?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Good morning MA - I am finally on line

HAWKAW, I thought that NGO articles submitted to UNDPI were separately libraried at the UN. What ever became of the effort to go there and actually determine which articles/pubs were submitted by the WTS?
    No - once an "associated" NGO is disassociated, all articles that may have been in the reference area go directly back to the NGO's file at DPI. There they sit in the Watchtower's file along with their application and approval letter for no one to see but DPI office staff.

Unbelievable and stupid and very frustrating.

I am trying to get these things for you but its been nothing but road blocks.

hawk

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

!!! Very sneaky WTBTS ... Amazing what they pulled off right under the JWs noses!!!

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

The article, From Many Opinions to One Declaration: Human Rights For All, was published in the the Sudan Human Rights Association's quarterly newsletter, The Sudan Monitor.

Curiously, the article linked below appeared in the December 1998 issue. This is curious because the Sudan Human Rights Association is located behind the Capco Petrol Station in Kampala, Uganda.

Now, communications are admittedly fast in our day and age, even in Africa, BUT how did the NOVEMBER 22, 1998 AWAKE arrive there fast enough so that it could be "plagiarized" in this December newsletter?

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM????

. http://www.ned.org/grantees/shra/3-5-98/hr.html

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Are not the WT and Awake! rags mailed out a couple of months in advance? Like aren't the JWs getting the April, 2002 WT right now?

So the Nov/98 Awake! rag would/could have arrived in Sep/98?

hawk

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Still odd that the article could arrive there, be translated, and incorporated into a newsletter - which from my (somewhat limited) experience, often take weeks/months to decide contents, layout, publish, etc. I would not be surprised if the article were given to the UN in advance as part of the WTBTS annual 'submissions'.?

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Hawkaw:

I'm assuming that subscribers in Uganda don't get their subscriptions quite as fast as do folks in the US, Britain, etc. Maybe I'm wrong?

At any rate, here is another "plagiarism" of the NOVEMBER 22, 1998 AWAKE which appeared in the 8/31/1999 issue of Ghana Review International. This author even assumes quotes as his own.

. http://www.ghana.demon.co.uk/Oldfeat/Feat61.html

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

In the "old, large UN-NGO" thread in which I introduced the idea that "UN Affiliation" was part of the WTS's grand scheme to start insinuating itself into the good graces of worldly governments, I posted several links which showed the WTS participating in various HR conferences sponsored by governments and NGOs.

During the search for such links, I repeatedly found links showing the WTS sending out its representatives to Holocaust-theme meetings and conferences until it finally dawned on me that the WTS was using such to accomplish the same purpose- insinuating itself into the good graces of worldly governments and NGOs. I then posted a number of links proving, IMO, what some of you pooh-poohed as being too much of a stretch.

WELL, I invite the "pooh-poohers" to take a look at page 13 of the November 22, 1998 AWAKE and see how the editors "clumsily" worked the "Holocaust issue" into this concluding article in the UN series.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit